Chapter 3: Class is in Session!

Five days had passed, and Sierra spent a lot of time with Sa-ra

Five days had passed, and Sierra spent a lot of time with Sa-ra. Okay, back to reality. The first day of teaching, okay now Sierra you must do your best! You've been waiting for this day since you came to Seoul! Sierra thought to herself as she splashes her face after brushing her teeth.

As she ate breakfast, she remembered when she and Sa-ra were sitting at the table at Jamba Juice, and Ji-won walked in. Her heart fluttered as Sierra thought of him. She went to her Facebook and searched up Ji-won for the hundredth time. She just stared at his profile picture as she scrolled and scrolled through his picture album. Smiling and gazing at his heart-shaped smile.

It was time for her to get the school, she finished getting ready, and she headed out the door. Sa-ra agreed to pick her up and drop her off until she saved up enough money to buy her a car. When Sierra arrived at the school, Sa-ra hugged her and wished her good luck. "Fighting!" Sa-ra said "Fighting!" Sierra said back to her as they both laughed. Sierra exited the car and walked into the building. As the class entered Sierra wrote her name on the board in English and Korean. She's been practicing her name in Korean all last week when she had the chance to. Even though she barely knew Korean she had a translator in the room with her just in case.

When she turned around her heart skipped a beat. Her eyes connected with his and she paused. It was Ji-won, he was in her English class. Her body began to tremble, and all thoughts left her mind. He smiled and her and she lost it. Once she snapped out of it, she realized that everyone was staring at her. "Ann..Annyeonghaseyo" Sierra said nervously. "Annyeonghaseyo," the class said back to her. Still being nervous, she told the translator to translate to the students to excuse her for a moment.

Sierra left out of the room and called Sa-ra. "Sa-ra, hey, sorry if your busy but I don't think I can do it! Ji-won is in my class, how can this be? I was so nervous I froze as soon as I saw him. He probably thinks I'm weird now. He smiled at me and I didn't know what to do." She said nervously "Calm down Sierra, remember I told you he wanted to go study abroad to be an American actor? Well, how else will he be an American actor if he doesn't know how to speak English. I told him about your class, and he said he wanted to join it. Take a deep breath and take it slow and pretend he is not even there okay." Sa-ra said with a smile. "Okay Sa-ra, thank you so much for being a good friend. Still kind of nervous and can't believe that you told him about my class but it's okay, I guess it's a start." Sierra said "Your welcome Sierra, I have to go now I am at work. I'll pick you up after your class." "Okay, see you then Sa-ra, bye." Sierra took a deep breath and went back in the class. She didn't even look Ji-won's way. "Sorry, class I had a little bit of the butterflies, (nervously laughs) first-day teaching." The translator translated for her. "Well, shall we begin?"

Sierra started teaching the basics of the English language like the structure of a sentence, and the difference between there/ their/ they're. The class went on for about 4 hours and around 4:40 pm the course was over. As she was erasing the board, Ji-won walked up to her and Sierra's eyes got super big. "May...may I help you Ji-won?" He smiled, his teeth were so white they could shine as bright as the sun. "Ne, I need, uh, gajeong gyosa, um, how do you say..." She smiled, and she called the translator over, and she translated for him "He would like to know if you can stay after class and tutor him, he says that he really would love if you can." The translator said. Sierra's heart skipped a beat; this may be my only chance to get to know him a little more and possibly be more than his friend, she said with excitement as she quickly agreed.

Ugh, I must say, Sa-ra knew what she was doing. Thank you, girl. She giggled to herself

The next day after class, Sierra stayed to assist Ji-won with his English, but he never showed up to class, she waited hours after school to see if he would show up or not. Four hours have passed, and he never showed. She felt sad even, a little heartbroken. She began to get her stuff together, and she shut the lights out. As she was out the door, she looked up, and it was Ji-won. "Excuse me?" As Sierra raised her head up. Her heart skipped a beat. "Ji-won, I thought, I thought you forgot about our tutor session." Her heart fluttered. The translator went home, so it was hard for Ji-won to understand her. Their best option was to use Google translate throughout the tutor session. She found out that Ji-won had his singing group practice today and he couldn't miss this one.

As he was using Google to translate his sentences, Sierra couldn't keep her eyes off him. She couldn't believe that he showed up. The way he smiled made her feel like it was just the two of them in the world. When Ji-won looked up at her to hand her his phone, he smiled once more, and she got lost in those pearly white teeth of his. "Uhh..." Ji-won said as he tried to get her attention. When she finally snapped back to reality, she realized that he was staring back at her, but he hurried and turned away from her. His face was red like he just received his first kiss. They continued the tutor lessons for the day.

Sierra and Ji-won exchanged numbers so that they can schedule a tutor lesson whenever they both are free so that Sierra won't have a misunderstanding like the last time as to why he showed up late. When she got home that night, she took a hot shower and laid on her bed thinking of him. Smiling and replaying the last few moments when Ji-won was staring at her. She giggled a lot afterwards.

'Buzz' her text tone went off, it was Ji-won texting her.

I am happy that you can help me learn. I want to succeed in English. I can teach you Korean as well, so it won't be as hard on you. Goodnight

-Ji-won (fighting!!)

The more and more she read it, the more her heart skip and flutter. "I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!!!"

A/N: I really think Ji-won is starting to like her a little. I wonder what will happen in the next chapter! I'm feeling so positive about the two of them. Oh and if anyone is wondering I believe many Koreans and Chinese use "fighting" as a way to encourage one another to do well on anything that they are trying to accomplish! But any whoI really hope that Ji-won and Sierra will be together and her life in Seoul will be wonderful! Stay tune you guys!
Xoxo,
Mookie😘

ILWAKB [Sample]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara