Chapter 2: Exploring with a friend

The next day Sierra woke up feeling amazing. Her phone started to ring, and when she read the name, it all came back to her. "Oh darn! I forgot to call my mom when I landed!" Her phone rang, and she grabbed it. It was her mom when she answered her mom said. "Young lady, you have some explaining to do?" Sierra giggled. "I'm sorry mom, I got so caught up in everything I was doing out here. Mom, I love it out here, I was thinking about staying out here after my four years are up." Sierra said nervously. Ms. Brady didn't say a single word; first, she just sat there in silence.

"Uh, mom? Are you there? I knew it would be too soon to let you know of my decisions." Sierra said. "No, no it's okay sweetie. It shocked me, but you're a big girl now. You can make your own decisions." Ms. Brady said as she smiled. Sierra giggled, "Mom thanks for understanding. I'm so glad that you're okay with this. Also, I made a new friend already. Her name is Kim Sa-ra. Sa-ra is amazing mom! She's like the best big sister I've always wanted." They both giggled.

"Sierra, I know that this is the last thing that you would want to hear, but he stopped by again. He kept insisting that I tell him where you were. Don't worry though I didn't tell him a thing. I just told him that you moved away, far away and there was no way that you were coming back any time soon. So, I'm pleased that you've chosen to stay there even after your four years are up. I'm really proud of you Sierra." her mother said smiling.

"Oh mom, ugh, when will he ever learn? Him and I are through, for good! I'm glad that you didn't tell him where I was. Knowing him he may have followed me out her and ruin my life all over again. So really, thank you mom." Sierra said smiling on her side of the phone.

"Well sweetie, I'm happy that you're enjoying it out there. Will you take care of yourself, baby? Promise me that you will take care of yourself." Sierra smiled "Of course mom don't I always. I will call you every chance I get ma and update you on how my school is going and other things. I love you mom, and I have to go Sa-ra is trying to call me." Ms. Brady smiled "Okay sweetheart, I love you too and have fun!"

Sierra clicks over to the other line "Annyeong haseyo" she giggled "Annyeong haseyo" Sa-ra said, "Are you ready to see the town, and shop?" Sa-ra asked. Sierra smiled big and said, "Ne, I am." Sa-ra shocked, "You've been studying I see." Sierra laughed, "Ne, on the plane ride here I practiced a few common words like ne, which means yes and Aniyo which means no. Those two words are easy to remember." Sierra explained. "Good, well I'll be there in a few Sierra. Hmm, maybe we can find you a Korean name as well. See you soon Sierra." Sa-ra smiled. "Okay, I'll be ready in a bit." She hung up the phone to get ready for her day with Sa-ra.

As soon as Sierra was done getting ready, Sa-ra called her and told Sierra she was outside. Sierra rushed as fast as she could to meet Sa-ra outside. Soon as Sa-ra got out of her car to greet Sierra, Sierra bummed rushed Sa-ra. Sierra gave Sa-ra the biggest bear hugs she has ever gotten.