Chapter 5

"Just breath, just breath, breath, breath, breath, breath"

"Niall! Stop telling me to breath! I'm in pain but your the one that isn't breathing" I yell, joking to try to brighten the mood despite the pain in my leg.

I'm in the back of Niall's car as he drives me to the schools medical building. It has two doctors and 6 or 7 nurses. The school campus is pretty big and there was no way I could walk so we had to drive. I was heavily breathing while tears stream down my face.

He chuckles slightly.

"Sorry for my concern" He jokes all though he is clearly tense.

"How much longer?"

"A few minutes. We're two blocks away"

I pinched my eyes shut and leaned my head back against the car door.

"Try to ignore it"

"I can't! "That's the thing about pain...... it demands to be felt"" I quoted from one of my favorite books.

"What is that from?" He asked looking at me threw the rear view mirror.

"The fault in our stars. It's a book"

"Tell me about it"

I knew he was trying to distract me. Well, I guess it's worth a shot.

"It's about this girl.........Hazel. She.........ugh......... she had lung cancer.......... Her........ugh.......mom maid her go to this....... cancer support group........where she met this guy..............Augustus.......... I don't want to tell you.........the rest..........just in case.......... you want to.........read it.........someday" The pain was so much it was difficult to get threw a sentence.

"We're here" He stormed out the drivers door and went around to the back of the car. He picked me up and carried me in bridle style. "Excuse me! Her leg! It's............ ugh kinda....... back words" Niall shouted to a nurse as he ran in in a panic which she found very unamusing.

"Bring her here"

She led us into a white room with one of those uncomfortable bed like things and a bunch of cabinets.

After a few silent moments filled with Niall's heavy breathing a middle aged doctor walked in. He had grayish black hair and grayish eyes.When he saw my leg his eyes widened very slightly.

He walked over, grabbed my leg and popped it back in place while I screamed my head off. Niall tensed up and squeezed my hand watching.

"You just dislocated it badly, but we need to take X-rays to make sure while dislocating it you didn't chip or brake any bones. Best case scenario, you didn't chip anything which means you'll have to either be in a wheelchair or in bed for the next 2 weeks to guarantee there is no pressure on you leg so the accident won't occur again. Worst case scenario you chipped or broke your leg which means, you have to wear a cast for six months."

I saw Niall cross his finger and give me a reassuring look and a slight smirk.

"So let's go take those X-rays!" Said the doctor trying to seem fun and enthusiastic.

He had Niall place me on a wheel chair which a nurse had brought to the room. Then the nurse wheeled me to the X-ray room, where Niall wasn't allowed to go.

"So how'd it go?"

"I don't know. The doctor took the X-ray, a nurse wrapped my leg then she wheeled me back here and told me to wait for the results." I said to Niall while we waited for results in the waiting room.

"Does your leg still hurt?"

"Oh god! For a second I actually forgot how much pain I'm actually in."