Chapter 3

Niall's POV

We were siting in a booth in the left corner of Starbucks. I took a sip of my latte. I am so bored. Being surrounded by girls is great. Especially since there all hot and one of them used to be my best friend. But 3 girls and 1 guy can some times be really boring for a guy.

Especially if the girls are being reunited after 3 months. So they just HAD to catch up on all the girl talk and the drama.

I was almost dying when a miracle happened. My new roommate Harry walked in with two other guys.

One of them had jet black hair, spiked up on top. And the other had a buzz cut. They walked into the store and Harry started looking for a chair while the other two guys went up to the counter to order something.

"Harry!" I screamed him over. He looked at me and. Grin appeared on his fave.

"Hey Niall! Sup? Can my buddies and I sit here with you guys?" He asked in his thick English accent.

I looked at Payton with pleading eyes. She looked at Nikki and Emma. I saw Emma eye him up and down, then nod vigorously. 'Someone's got a crush' I thought to myself.

"Cool" he said smiling back at her. "Zayn. Liam. Over here!" he waved his friends over. I stood up to greet them.

"Niall, this is Zayn and Liam. Zayn and Liam, this is my roommate Niall." I shook both there hands with a huge grin on my face.

"Nice to meet you" I said to them.

"You to man." Zayn answered. He also had an English accent. Liam didn't answer, he seemed distracted. He was starring lovingly at Nikki.

"Who are they?" Liam asked me referring to the girls. He also had an English accent. Wonder how that happened.

"This is Payton. Dibs." I interjected and her jaw dropped. I ignored her and continued. "Emma" "Dibs" Harry interrupted me, her eyes widened but she smiled. "And Nikki" "Dibs!" Liam shouted. Damn! He really likes her.

"Sorry Liam but, I have a boyfriend." Nikki explained.

"Dammit!" Said Liam. And we all laughed.

"What about you Zayn? Do you already have a girlfriend?" Payton inquired.

I put my arm protectively around her. Showing everyone that she's mine.

"Actually no, I'm single." Said Zayn. "Why? are you interested?" Zayn asked Payton.

I looked at her. Her eyes widened but she looked like she considered it. Fuck. I shot Zayn a death glare.

"I'm joking! I would never take another guys girl." Zayn laughed.

"Not funny dude. I called dibs."

"Damn Niall. You haven't changed at all!" Payton looked at me kind of upset.

"Nope. I'm sorry, but Ive had dibs on you for like 7 years." I smiled at her. I really like her. Also I kinda need the popularity boost.

"Not funny. We both know I was head over heels in love with you and you turned me down for Britney. And Jennifer. And Layla. I was, and I quote 'Out of your league'." She said, a little pissed.

"I'm sorry okay! I can't believe you remember that." I apologized. Her friends looked at me in disgust. And unfortunately so did the guys.

"You said you wouldn't go out with because I wasn't popular enough" She said. I hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry. I really am. Please forgive me. I was a douch back then."

"Yeah. You were" She laughed slightly letting her smile return to her perfect lips.

"I was. Do you forgive me?" I asked.

"Not quite."

"What's it gonna take?"

"I don't know yet."

"Okay" I smiled.

Then we went back to just regular conversation. Laughing, smiling. Having a great time. But the whole time I couldn't take my eyes off Payton. Man was I stupid to hurt her.

"So what do you say Niall?" Asked Lia, interrupting my thoughts.

"Sorry, what?" They all laughed at me.

"My buddy, Louis, is having a party Friday. We were all agreeing to go and you didn't say anything. Are you coming?"

"Wait. Payton you're going right?"

"Yup" she answered then took a sip of her frappuccino.

"Then yeah. Ill go." I smiled. She smiled back.

"Great! It's friday at 7. Ill text you the address. Its at his house, about 2 miles off campus. He doesn't like the dorms so his rich parents let him rent a gorgeous house nearby" Explains Liam.

"Cool." says Harry with a smile. We pass around our phones and put our numbers in. 'This should be fun' I thought.

Then the conversation kind of faded into pointless chit chat. Zayn and Liam are pretty cool. The whole time we kept receiving glares of jealousy. We were the popular group. And I was in it. Perfect. Although I really didn't care about popularity as much as I used to.

Right now all I care about is Payton.

(A/N)

Hope you liked it! Next chapter up soon!

Vote!

Share!

Comment!

Vote!

-Alexis