Chapter 4

Payton's POV

"5-6-7-8, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8" We all jumped, cheered and clapped "Good job everybody! That was great! Lets take 5 then we'll take it from the top!" I said to my squad. The girls, including myself, are wearing red and white sports bras and short skorts. The guys were wearing red and white tank tops and red sweat pants with a white line running down the outside of each leg. That's our uniform and it's super cute.

"Payton!"

"What is it Ashely?" I asked to one of our three flyers. Im the main flyer, then there's Ashley and Lindsay.

"I feel like Josh is going to drop me! I don't trust him! He gets distracted to easily! And as captain of our Cheerleading squad you need to do something about it!"

"Ashley stop bitching about Josh! You need to learn how to trust your squad."

"Well if you trust him so much why don't we have Josh catch you and Eric can catch me?"

"One time! But if I think he does fine and this is all in your head than we're switching back. But if I think you're right, I'll kick him off the squad."

"Alright" She said biting her lip. I can tell she's genuinely afraid he might drop her.

"Now lets go hydrate" I said nodding my head towards the water container.

"Alright" She said. I walked over to the orange water container, got a paper cup and filled it with cold water. I was appreciating how good water tastes when you're thirsty, when I saw Niall stretching by the bleachers. I walked over to him, still holding the cup in my hand.

"Niall!"

"Hey gorgeous!"

"Thanks"

"Damn! I love that Cheerleading outfit! You should wear that all time." He said checking me out. I playfully slapped his arm.

"So what are you doing out here?" I asked. He was wearing a grey hoodie and some gray sweatpants.

"Staying in shape for futbol"

"I think you mean soccer?"

"Oh yeah! You Americans call it 'soccer'. My bad"

"Cool, well I have to get back to rehearsal. Where are you going to be?"

"Just jogging a few laps around the field. Im definitely keeping an eye on you while you have that outfit on. But other guys will be to...." He trailed off. He looked away thinking about it. "Yeah, I'm not comfortable with other guys seeing you like that. Do you want my hoodie?" I laughed at his cuteness while shaking my head no.

I headed back over to my squad. "Alright guys lets do it!" They threw away there cups and got in our starting position. "Oh Josh, switch places with Eric. Lets just try it." They switched, no questions asked.

We start doing our routine and it was time for the flying. I walk up to Josh and Matt, who have their fingers locked. I put a foot in Matt's locked hands and the other in Josh's.

They throw me up into the air and I do my flips. I get in position to fall into their arms. I seal my eyes shut and feel Matt's hands on my back. But I only feel one of Josh's. Matt's hand are on my left leg and left shoulder. One of Josh's hands is on my left shoulder but his other hand isn't there.

The uneven position made me fall on my right leg. This all happened within seconds. I was screaming in pain. A sharp pain hits my leg, and with it comes the feeling of helplessness. Everyone gasps.

"Oh my god Payton I'm so sorry! I got a text and..........." I hear Josh drift off.

I see a blonde muscular boy running towards me and, despite the blurriness in my wet eyes, I know it's Niall. "Oh my god Payton!" He screams in shock.

"I'm taking her to the hospital." He informs the others. I feel his muscular arms pick me up. He brings me close to him and I feel the heat radiating off his chest as he runs toward the car. "You're gonna be okay, you're gonna be okay" He mumbles over and over.

I'm praying for the best but preparing for the worst. The pain becomes unbearable. I look down at my leg to find that it is bending in the wrong direction. My knee is bending the complete wrong way. The sight made me feel a strong panic. I got light headed and it kept getting worse and worse until finally everything went black.

////////////////////////////////////

Sorry for the long wait!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FAN!

SHARE!

VOTE!

-Alexis