You can turn me back?

Should I be doing this? Would Christian see it differently, from my point of view? – Definitely; me and a stranger meeting for coffee? Of course he would – but what was my point of view on this whole situation? – I don’t know, and that’s what scares me, I don’t have to meet up with Lou; he was a stranger. However I seem to be dragged towards him, like two magnets that fight to stay in contact, that’s what it was like. I haven’t told Christian yet about Lou, and well I don’t think I will soon either. Things have been awkward with us lately and since last night when I heard a girl’s laughter; it’s sort of put me on edge – I was paranoid to say the least. Though I guess I’m just as bad, I wasn’t doing anything with Lou, but I was sneaking behind Christians back to see a bloke he didn’t even know existed. 

I walk into Starbucks the instant smell of coffee hitting me; it was more crowded than yesterday, presumably as it is near lunch time. Students fill many of the seats, all of them with their laptops up working hard to pass through there exams, coffee at their sides to keep them awake and energized. I wonder if I would ever be able to go off to college like I wanted too, the thoughts been on my mind for a while now, though I haven’t indulged Christian in on the matter, he was to cooped up in his own worry’s and thoughts. It was only three months away until I should have been going off to college, got my grades and would go off to college. However it doesn’t seem like that dream would be happening too soon, maybe even never. College was a big dream of mine when I was little, I couldn’t wait to the day I turned sixteen to leave school and go off to become a guitarist (my dream job), I was in a band before all of this happened, we were called the ‘Ace of spades’, it was a weird name but it fit. All of it seems so long away.

I see Lou sitting over at the same table as yesterday, two cups on the table, one he was slurping on slowly. I walk over to him and smile down at him as I sit, I look into the cup and is surprised to see a latté; it was the only coffee I drank. 

“Thank you.” I say in a puzzled voice as I look down into the drink, swirling it around with a straw. I look up at him and his eyes sparkle; damn he’s getting hotter by the day the foreign part of my mind said to me, it was right. My mouth must have dropped open or something, because Lou begins to chuckle slightly and a light tint of red enters his cheeks. I quickly look outside the window before I can embarrass myself even more. 

“I was thinking about the first time we meet last night, and well something … bugged me about it.” Lou says, his hand reaching out and putting it on top of mine. He turns my hand over, palm up and begins to trace the lines on my palm with his finger. I don’t pull away; I should of – but I don’t. It felt so nice, sending tingles down my limbs, making me feel relaxed and at ease. My mind barely registers what he had said. The first thoughts of what he says are: He was thinking about me last night? Was he naked- Stop I say to myself, I needed to stop! Get a grip! Something bugged him about it? Was the next thought, what bugged him?

“What do you mean something bugged you about it?” I say my voice in a dream like daze as he begins to make spiral patterns on my palm. 

“It’s just your being; it just bugs me to think I can’t figure you out.” Not him as well I think to myself. It’s what I came to get away from, all this stress about not knowing what happened. I sigh; I didn’t want to talk about it with Christian, why would I want to talk about it with Lou? A person I came to meet to get away from it all? – You do want to talk about it to Lou; that foreign part of my mind says. He could know things Christian doesn’t and if he does you will have Christian back; it says making me nod along in agreement. Where did this voice come from? Why did it talk so much truth and realization? I was glad to say the least.

“Hmm, well I don’t know much about it either.” I say to him as he watches me confused. 

“How can you not know?” He says his voice puzzled and his eyes unreadable. 

I hesitate before I answer him, I didn’t want to tell him about my time in Luke’s hold. Do it; says that foreign voice again, listening as it normally makes things for the better. “I was captured by vampires nearly four months ago, and they gave me a choice. Death; by being drained of blood or to become a sex slave for the coven…” I drift off remembering the exact day Luke gave me that ultimatum, the choice that could have changed my life.

-“- Sasha?” Lou says concerned, he had been trying to talk to me for a while my voice registers.

“You okay?” I nod my head at him. “You don’t have to tell me about it if you don’t want too.” Lou says his voice meaning every word. Though for some reason I needed to tell him what happened, it was like a bad urge.

“I obviously; as you can tell picked to become a sex slave. Christian; my boyfriend, helped me escape from his brother Luke; who had kidnapped me. Christian turned me into a vampire after

Luke killed me, to find out if Christian and I were together. But when we escaped we turned human again, and we don’t know why.” I let it all rush out of me. I had never been able to speak about it out loud before and it felt good – felt right.

“I’m sorry.” He says his hand entwining with mine, I smile up at him and he smiles back at me. “I can help you; if you would like.” Lou says his words starting to settle into me, his eyes turning brighter with every word and every second. 

-“How?” I say in a whisper of wonder.

“You’re still getting outbursts of your powers? – Am I right?” He says his voice confident, I hesitate. What would Christian say if I told a complete stranger about this stuff? Forget about him! The foreign voice shouts – He would be happy you were trying to resolve this; the voice says more softly.

“Yes, I don’t know why, there random you know? And they never last longer than a few minutes either.” I look down at our locked hands, his hands so soft and irresistible. 

“Well the vampire must still be alive in you somewhere.” He said, as if it was that simple, my face must have shown I wasn’t buying his help as he continued. “I can help you restore the vampire; that’s if you want it back. I don’t know how to reverse it.” Was he serious? How could he turn us back?

-“How?” I say my voice curious.

“I will train you. Make the vampire bubble up inside of you until it overtakes the rest of you.” He says it as if it is as simple as that.

“That’s it?” I say my voice shocked. I was picturing some sort of weird ritual like from that website that Christian found.

“That’s it; you in?” I think about it wisely before the foreign voice is back – urging me to do it. I nod to Lou and he smiles sweetly. He gets up and kisses me on the cheek before leaving; leaving a piece of paper on the table with his phone number. 

When I got home Christian was in the study as normal. Should I ask him what he thinks? I begin to walk up the stairs, prepared for being cornered into telling him about Lou. I knock softly at the door, waiting for him to answer. He swings it open his face angry. What was going on?

“Can you tell me what that’s about?” Christian snarls, pointing at the computer screen. I squint at the screen, not daring to go in. One word pops out in particular – Bloodhound’s. Oh shit! I forgot to delete the history I curse at myself. I try to keep a normal face.

“Oh, it was just something that came up when I was trying to figure out what was going on.” I try to say casually. Christian; squinting at me in curiosity.

“But you don’t care about how we changed.” He says his voice questioning.

“Well I’ve seen how you have been stressed lately and so I thought I would help.” I say, reaching my hand out to lean on his forearm. He smiles as if he is genuinely grateful, than his face goes straight.

“So how come the main source of the search is – Bloodhounds.” He says his voice flat. Fuck. I don’t say anything. I wasn’t going to tell him about Lou, no way was that going down. Lou was my dirty little secret; Christian was never going to find out about. Lou’s number burning in the back off my pocket as if it was on fire.

“You do know Bloodhound’s are sick twisted creatures, who mess with your head?” His eyes popping out as if he knew something, I stay quite. He was lying. Lou wasn’t like that; he was sweet, gentle, kind and lovely. Christian was lying to me again, for the third time in three days. 

(Sorry this chapter is smaller.)