Blood Hound

It had been a month since we escaped, only a month. We had rented a flat in the town of New York; I would have thought we should have gone somewhere quieter than New York, just in case Luke came after us. Christian had said that was exactly the reason why he picked New York, it was a big city and it would be harder to find and kill us. I think Christian believes Luke will come after us, I don’t see why though he has no army and I was only a sex slave, revenge maybe? But who would bother when they had no army and their world around them was falling to pieces?

 Christian’s been distant since he found out we were humans, anyone would have thought he would be happy that he could lead a normal life, though all he has been doing is worrying and well he is scared though he doesn’t admit it. He doesn’t understand why we turned back into humans when we crossed that verge, it worries him to think he doesn’t have an answer, he’s also worried and scared because he won’t be able to protect us if Luke does come after us. I try and calm him every now and then, when he will go nuts and start punching walls, than howl in pain as his now human body can feel the pain. It must be hard for him though I think to myself, his whole life he has been a vampire and now he is human after thousands of years; I don’t know how many as I have never asked. But the weird thing is the powers we once held still linger in our body and sometimes we will have outburst of them, wither it’s from, strength, speed or having our intense hearing back, but they will never last long. This worries Christian even more.

I was alone at home at the moment, Christian had gone off to buy a take away, as he has never cooked human food and I have never had the chance to learn, the furthest I could go was beans on toast as a meal, I was quite handy with the hob, but the cooker itself I couldn’t work. The flat we lived in was a very nice, well-tailored – well it should be, considering the cost. It had two bedrooms, one we used as our own and one as a study, that was mostly occupied by Christian who tried to figure out what was happening.

 I always thought it weird why he would look on the internet for such a thing, but apparently some of the stuff came from the true vampire history – weird right? Well he found some stuff about vampire transfiguration and well I got to say the pictures didn’t look nice. There was a demon wolf thing that I’m guessing represented the vampire, though the people had cut the beast open and was pulling out the organs of the beast and throwing them in a bowl.

 The writing however was for people in the 1200’s who were being terrorised by vampires, it was a passage from a woman who was keeping a documentary of what was happening, this is what it said: We cut the organs out of the beast as it struggles against twenty men, we cut down the middle and dry the blood from its body, we soon light it’s organs and the witches would soon preform a ritual. After the ritual we would wrap the beast in cloth and put him in a tomb nearby, in the morning we would come back and there would be a human. 

Obviously Christian got excited and believed every word, I however didn’t. Who could survive living without organs? How did he mysteriously regain them? To be quiet honest I think it is a scam, Christian as you gathered got quiet angry when I expressed my opinion, and he for some reason is really sensitive on the subject. But after I told him that it wouldn’t matter anyways as we weren’t cut open in a ceremony, he shrugged his shoulders and went back to looking.

Though it was nice here in the flat, it came fully furnished and that was a real help, but I don’t see why someone would rent out their house with their furniture, after everything that people could do especially in the bedroom department, so I don’t understand why people would do that? I hate the fact of sleeping in someone else’s bed not knowing what could have gone in here.  But for now it was fine, life was well fine for once in my life. Even though Christian was like a girl on her period and obsessed like a teenage girl, than life was perfect.