Chapter 7: The Death of the Stolls

Percy's POV

"Forget what Connor said!" Travis complained. "I want a truth!"

"How about a compromise?" Annabeth suggested. "Connor does the dare, while you, Travis, get the truth."

"I didn't agree to this!" Connor cried.

"You picked dare, so technically, you did."

Annabeth and I shared a look and I knew already what her plan was. Gods, she was clever.

"So, Travis," I said. "You first. What's Connor's worst fear?"

Connor glared at a scared looking Travis. Neither of them seemed to like where this was going. That was good. They were going to pay for messing with Annabeth. It amused me how nervous they looked. They kept glancing at. . . Nico?

"Um, I'm afraid I can't announce it. Not in front of everyone."

"Then tell me in private. Come outside, Travis."

We went outside, Travis' head down, his hands buried deep in his pockets.

"So?"

"Connor's fear is..."

"Yes?"

Was I taking this too far? Nah, it was for Annabeth. It was worth it.

"Nico."

"Huh?!"

"Don't make me say it again."

"His fear is-?"

"Y-yes. . ."

"Uh, okay. Lets go back in."

We went back inside the cabin, sat back in the Circle of Friendship and Betrayal (I feel it's appropriate name for a circle of friends playing Truth or Dare). I whispered the Stolls' fear to Annabeth, and she nodded, a smirk on her face. I really, really liked where this was going.

"Connor," Annabeth said. "Come hither."

Connor walked hesitantly to Annabeth and she whispered to him his dare. There was a powerful suspense in the room. You could tell that everyone wanted to know what would happen to Connor. He took a deep breath and left the cabin without another word.

"What did you tell him to do?" I asked. "He looked like he was about to pee himself."

Annabeth laughed. "You'll see. Meanwhile, let's continue the game."

"Travis," I said. "It's your turn."

"Okay. Uh... Nico?"

"Again? Dare, I guess."

"Dude," Jason turned to Nico. "Does nothing scare you? You just picked dare!"

"I've been to the Aphrodite cabin and back. Nothing scares me now."

"Jeez," Piper scoffed sarcastically, "Thanks."

"You're welcome. Can I have that dare now?"

"I dare you," Travis said, "To listen to a song of an artist or band of my picking."

"That's the best you could come up with? Fine, I'll do it."

Travis' POV

I stood up. I didn't know if this would end well, but I was dead anyways. Connor was going to kill me.

"I'll be right back."

I walked out of the cabin and found Will Solace from the Apollo cabin.

"Hey, Will!"

"What's up, Travis?"

I asked Will if he had a CD of the artist I was looking for.

"Uh, no. Why do you need one?"

"A game of truth or dare."

"Ah, I see. I'll get one and drop it off. Where are you playing?"

"Cabin 3."

"Alright."

"Thanks, Will."

"No problem."

I went back to the cabin and simply sat back down in the circle.

"Where's the music?" Nico asked.

"Will Solace is bringing it. Do we have a radio?"

"Yeah." Percy answered. He got up and pulled a radio with a CD player on it from under one of the beds.

"I didn't know you liked listening to the radio, Percy." Annabeth looked surprised.

"I don't. That's why the radio was under the bed."

There was a knock on the door. Percy went to answer it, since he was already standing. He opened the door to see Will, who handed him the CD. Percy laughed when he saw the cover.

"Thanks, man," Percy said, still laughing like an idiot.

"Anytime," Will said pleasantly. "Who has to listen to it?"

"Nico."

"Oh. That's... Okay. Are you guys sure you wanna do that?"

"Why?" Nico asked. "What artist did Travis pick?"

"You'll find out." Percy answered evilly.

"Oh, no," Jason said. "It isn't-?"

"It is," said Percy.

"I'll see you guys later," Will walked outside and closed the door.

"Attention, everyone." Percy had a stern look on his face. "This music is too dangerous for all of us to listen to. More life threatening for some than others. Nico shall brave the challenge alone."

"What kind of music can possibly be that bad?"

"I said you'll see. Everyone but Nico go and lock the cabin windows from the outside."

Percy's POV

Everybody went outside and I put the disc in the CD player. This was going to be awesome! Well... For everyone but Nico.

I pressed play, and ran to the door.

"Percy, wait-"

"SEE YA LATER!"

I locked the door from the outside. The knob began to shake. Nico was trying to get out. We could hear him yelling over the music, and everyone who hadn't known what CD was before now knew, and they were rolling around in the grass, laughing. I couldn't help myself from doing the same.

When the song was over, the yelling stopped, and we thought it was safe, we all went reluctantly back inside. Nico was standing in the middle of the cabin, looking so furious you might think he was about to ricite the causes of all our deaths. I was surprised to see that there was no creepy, green Oracle mist steaming from his ears or something.

I thought we were all dead meat, but then Nico turned to Travis.

"It is your fault... That I... Was locked in a room... And had to listen.... to ONE DIRECTION!!!"

In the blink of an eye, Travis was running for his life, being chased around the camp by an angry Nico, who had already unsheathed his sword and was yelling death threats. This happened until they ran past the Hades cabin.

"Annabeth!" I cried. "Is that what Connor had to do?"

"Yup. Bad timing?"

"No. Perfect timing."

Nico di Angelo's cabin was covered in glitter, all different shades of the rainbow. If possible, Nico showed even more anger.

"WHAT IS THIS?!"

Soon, there was more chasing. Connor chasing Travis and Nico behind both of them.

Annabeth and I were watching happily when Leo came up behind me.

"I bet you five drachmas that Connor is caught by Nico but Travis escapes," he said.

"I bet you five drachmas," I retaliated, "That Connor catches up to Travis, Nico catches up to them and they both get caught and sent to the infirmary."

"You have yourself a deal."

Leo and I shook hands as Jason and Piper came up to us.

"Nico is on a bloodthirsty man hunt of rage," Jason said. "And you two are making bets?"

"Yes," said Leo, trying to look intimidating, "You have a probelem with that?"

"No, no," Jason said sarcastically. "Please continue."

Piper laughed and rolled her eyes, looking at Annabeth. "Boys, huh?"

"Tell me about it."

It went on for a while, the chasing, and we eventually got bored watching, so we went back to my cabin. We were about to begin playing again when Nico walked through the door and sat in the circle. We all stared at him, wide eyed.

"What?"

"Where are the Stolls?"

"They were on the ground. Someone's probably brought them to the infirmary by now, though. They'll be fine."

Jason and Piper got up. Piper spoke. "I think were just going to go check to make sure."

They began to walk towards the door.

"Stay out of trouble, kids!" Leo called after them.

"Shut up, Repair Boy," Piper said before leaving with Jason.

I held my hand out to Leo. "Five drachmas, Valdez."

Leo dug in his toolbelt pockets and produced the money. He sighed and dropped the coins into my hand.

"Shall we continue the game?" Annabeth suggested.

A/N Hey, my fabulous readers. I apologize greatly for the long wait on this chapter, but it took a while to figure out what I was going to write (It only took me about an hour to actually write it). First of all, I want to thank @lspurple22 for Nico's dare idea (that would be the One Direction thing). Thanks, Lo! All of my readers should take a look at her story "Panic" Again, that's "Panic" by @lspurple22. You should all read it. Tell me what you guys thought of this chapter in the comments! And vote if you actually read this far in the authors note! -KJ (that's my nickname, for those of you who don't know)