Chapter Thirteen ~The Fight (Part One)~

“Sometimes, you just have to see if it was worth it.”

-Anonymous

Chapter Thirteen ~The Fight~:

                “Me?” I asked, skeptically. “Why?”

                “Because he found out you are the second most important person to me,” He said. “I don’t know how, okay? He must have his little spies looking at us. That was the reason I took you last Friday night. We received a letter from our spies that he was planning an attack on you. I can’t let that happen, not when you finally felt comfortable with your life.”

                “Wait…did you try to take me two weeks ago?” I asked, uneasy now.

                “No. Why?” Riley said, glancing up at me. “My first attempt—which worked—was just last Friday, the day I received the letter from my spies.”

                “Holy…shit.” I muttered.

                “Why? Did something happen two weeks ago?”

                I nodded. “Someone tried to kidnap me. Eric said he saw someone dragging me off or something…”

                “And did Eric see who it was?”

                I shook my head.

                “Damn…but I bet a hundred bucks that it was one of Don’s henchmen. He could be the only one since I don’t know anyone else who is against my dad.” Riley grunted and furrowed his brows.

                We were quiet for a few minutes, lost in our own thoughts. Riley finally explained to me what was bothering him for most of his life and I could see that Riley would never hurt me unintentionally. And that’s when I knew he did feel the same way I did two years ago. It was now all over though, because Eric stepped back into my life…

                Eric…ah, shit. He’s going to kill me for not answering my phone nor messaging him back. I’m dead once I get out of here.

                “Er, Riley?” He looked up at me from beneath half-closed lids. “Can I have my phone back? I need to tell Eric that I’m safe. He and the others must be very worried about me now.”

                “Sure sure. Your phone’s on top of the dresser in my room—the last one on the left. It’s been ringing all day long—Wait, don’t hit me!” He quickly held up his hands to his face when I clenched my fists. “I did not open it, okay? Your phone has a bloody lock for goodness’ sake.”

                I smirked. “Ha…forgot about that.” I stood up and headed out the door. It wasn’t locked which was good. I don’t how long I could have lasted in that room with Riley. I moved to the last one and opened the door. There on the dresser was my phone.

                I quickly grabbed it and groaned when I saw ninety-nine miss calls from all five of my friends and a hundred and ten messages from all of them. Urgh…what have they been doing ever since Monday? Skipping school and trying to get a message from me while at the same time looking for the clues that will lead them to me? Yeah, sounds like the most possible thing Jason would do when one of use five (excluding Eric) is kidnapped.

                I quickly read the first five messages and was about to reply to all five of them when several gunshots blasted off from the first floor.