Chapter Seven ~Oh Crap~

“The reason I'm so afraid to get close to you is because I'm afraid you'll leave, like everyone else I've ever gotten close to.”

-Anonymous

Chapter Seven ~Oh Crap~:

(Eric’s POV)

                Where the hell was she? Didn’t she just round this corner and then—oh, crap, I’m lost. I sighed and ran a hand through my already messed up hair. I looked all around me and saw a bunch of deserted houses. Nah, it’s impossible Arianna made it to this part of the neighborhood.

                Maybe she had gone back to Kyla’s place. Yeah, that’s it! She had definitely returned. I went to turn on my heel and head back down the road when I heard a grunting from around the corner. Since it was so quiet here, the noise echoed.

                I was curious as to what had caused the sound so I turned back and walked towards the corner. But then I stopped for I had heard a voice.

                “Ugh,” it said in a rough voice that I did not like at once. It was obviously a guy. I pressed myself up the nearest wall and peeped around the corner. It was indeed a guy…but he was maybe no more than a bit older than us. I wasn’t able to see his face because it was dark. He was dragging something along the road. What was it?

                “Did you really have to be this heavy?” It was a rhetorical question. He was struggling under the weight of the thing he was dragging. Where was he going? Was he a murderer and was I seeing a crime?

                The moon chose that precise time to shine. It came out of the clouds and casted a silver glow among those who were on the road—namely me and that boy. As the light reached the thing, I gasped. Oh shit!

                I didn’t think anymore; I just acted. Like they say, desperate times call for desperate measures and this was totally one of those times!

                “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I shouted as I ran down the road, trying to catch up with the fellow who was desperately dragging an unconscious Arianna at top speed. “Get away from her you bastard!”

                As I started to get near them, the guy cursed and dropped Arianna on the ground. He then bolted as fast as he could towards the end of the street where there was a bend on the road.

                “Shit!” I cursed. I was torn. Should I tend to Arianna or run after the poor bastard who hurt her? In the end, I let the guy go…but this was far from over. He will pay the next time I see him.

                “Arianna?” I whispered as I knelt down her crumpled form. “Are you okay?”

                No answer. I checked for a pulse and thanked the heavens she had one. I brushed her hair out of her face and that’s when I saw the disgusting purple bruise on the right side of her forehead. Ooh, that must have hurt like a bitch!

                She hadn’t regained consciousness yet so I did the most obvious thing a guy like me in this situation would do; I carried her and brought her home—well, to Kyla’s house at least. I just hope I could find my way back home before that bastard could find us.

                “What the hell happened to her?!” Jason, Kyla, Janna, and Nina screamed in unison as I arrived at the yard with an unconscious girl in my arms. I had surprisingly made my way back to Kyla’s house without getting lost. I should congratulate myself later on.