Surprise!!!!!!!!!!

I opened my eyes as the sun filtered in through the hotel window. I was holding onto my son in the large bed. I rolled over and turned on my phone to check the time. It was 11 AM. I checked my texts and noticed that John never answered me back. He didn’t even call after I called him last night.

Ugh last night…I don’t even want to go back there. Last night sucked and everyone around me just pissed me off. And then Jake calls while he’s drunk? Like what the hell.

I grumbled to myself as I stretched out. I turned on the television and quickly turned down the volume, trying not to wake up Alex. I flipped over to the news and started watching a story on this missing dog being able to find his way home. It was very heartwarming. But then the date flashed at the bottom of the screen and I noticed that tonight was the induction ceremony thing. Crap!

I threw my legs off the side of the bed and I walked over to the door. I opened it and peered out the hallway. I saw the security guards standing at the elevator down the hall, but there were no other sounds.

I brought my head back in and I walked back over to the bed. I sent out a text to Mel. WE STILL GOING SHOPPING TODAY? Send.

I waited for a response as I walked over to the window with my phone in my hand. It buzzed as I watched a couple of people fiddling with their bags in the bag of their van.

HELLS YEAH. WHEN DO YOU WANT TO GO? WE SHOULD PROBABLY GET A MOVE ON SOON SO WE HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO GET READY.

Reply. WHENEVER YOU WANT TO GO. ALEX IS STILL SLEEPING, BUT I CAN WAKE HIM UP ANYTIME. HE GOT A REALLY GOOD NIGHT OF SLEEP. Send.

I scanned the parking lot again, just looking for something else to watch as I waited for another response. I saw a small pond just a little ways out from the hotel near a park. I could see little figures walking along paths, and I could see even littler figures swinging on a playground. Maybe I’ll take Alex there for a little bit.

THAT’S REALLY GOOD. WELL, I FIGURED WE COULD LEAVE IN A HALF HOUR. SOUND GOOD? WE COULD STOP FOR SOME FOOD ON THE WAY. I FEEL LIKE WE’VE EARNED A NICE BRUNCH DON’T YA THINK?

I giggled to myself. Between all the drama and the WWE, I could easily cheat a little bit today and treat Alex and I to a well-deserved brunch.

Reply. ALRIGHT, I’LL GET ALEX UP ASAP SO WE CAN GET GOING. A BRUNCH SOUNDS FANTASTIC RIGHT ABOUT NOW!!

I walked back over to the bed and crouched down as I started poking my son. “Alex, it’s time to wake up Mr. Sleepyhead.”

He rolled over, trying to avoid my pokes. “No Mommy, I is sweeping.”

I rolled my eyes and I continued to poke his back in the places that I KNEW were ticklish. “Alex you need to get up. If you don’t, then we’re not gonna be able to go out shopping for a nice little suit for you.”

He grumbled as he continued to move to the other side of the bed. “I don’t wanna go shop. I wanna sweep!” He covered himself with the sheets.

I sighed and I hopped up on the bed. I removed the sheets down past his toes to where he couldn’t reach them. He was curled up in a little ball. I giggled. “Come on Alex. Wake up. If you don’t wake up now, then we’re not gonna stop anywhere for food. Do you wanna stop somewhere for food? Cause I think you do?”

He rolled over and looked up at me with a mild pout. “What pwace? What nibbles?”

“I’m not sure yet. But if you get up now, I’m sure Auntie Mel will let you pick.”

He bolted up in the bed and he flew off the bed. He ran over to the suitcase that I left in the room yesterday before we left for the show. He started throwing clothes out, and I quickly rushed over. “Alex what on earth are you doing?” I started catching the clothes that he was throwing.