Chapter 11:

The rest of the week went by in a blur. By the time Friday rolled around I had all the locations to my classes down and even found a few short cuts. I eventually got to the library, which was gorgeous, and I later learned that there were two more on campus. The one that I went to was the main library while the smaller ones were dedicated to magic and the science of species. I planned to explore those two later on when I found more free time.

Right now it was time for my intimidating Historical Literature class. We were continuing discussion on the Iliad and so far I seemed to be "that kid" in that class...the one who knew all the answers and pretty much seemed to be the only one who wanted to contribute to conversation? Yep. And while I was the current star student in that class, the professor still intimidated me. Even some of the students were starting to concern me. I could definitely say that it was the class I felt the least comfortable in.

"Seriously, Chang, you don't have to walk with me to class again. I know how far your class is from mine. You really don't have to do this."

"But I want to. And it isn't that far-my teacher wouldn't care if I was late anyway. Plus I l like talking to you. Do you not like talking to me?" He asked with a false hurt painted on his face.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him a little with my shoulder. "Of course I do. I'm just saying that there's only so much time to get to class and you're wasting a good chunk of yours walking with me. I mean the first day it was understandable, but it's Friday now and I know how to get to class. You don't have to waste your time on me."

"Once again I know I don't have to. But I want to." He chuckled. "Plus it makes me feel like I am always doing a gentlemanly gesture."

"Oh please, you're already the perfect gentleman," I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Yeah, tell that to Audrina," Chang mumbled as he looked at the ground.

My heart pulled for him. Once we got to the building my class was in I gave his arm a squeeze. "She'll come around eventually, Chang. You know what you didn't do. Eventually Audrina will ease up and everything will be alright between the two of you again."

"If you say so," he mumbled which followed a shallow half smile.

"I know so," I said as I poked him in the chest. Then I gave him a quick hug-or at least I tried to. He lingered for a second. I pulled back some to look at him. "Chang?"

He looked even more distraught than he did a moment ago. "Do you feel like cutting class?"

"Cutting class? We won't get in trouble for that?" I whispered as I recalled the conversation about the administration's multiple eyes and ears.

"Nope. Our teachers could care less about that."

"Oh," that was interesting since they seemed to care about everything else. "But it's my first week here. Wouldn't that seem a little odd? I mean I'm no goody two shoes, but the first week of classes?"

Chang shrug. "If you're that concerned, then never mind. I'll just keep my secret hideout to myself," he said as he started walking away then turned back around in the sea of students. "Unless, you'd like to come with of course."

I gave him a skeptical glance then looked back at the door. Not too soon I saw a girl in my class walk through it. And boy did she look scared and miserable. She was breathing like she had just ran a marathon and by my guess she was sick or had bad allergies because she couldn't stop sneezing. All the while she walked with a slouched posture. As if she were about to meet her ultimate doom.

I quickly decided that I wasn't going to be scared and miserable with her.

"Ah what the hell. The class will just have to find a way to deal without me," I said with a grin as I shuffled to catch up with Chang. We locked arms and then started to scurry out of the schoolyard.