Chapter 8:

“Kyleigh! Get! Up!” Sima said as she stripped the covers from my body and grabbed onto my ankle.

“No! I just wanna stay in bed. I don't want today to happen. It can't!” Yes, I was actually throwing a temper tantrum. I was so not ready to face all the new faces or the 'new kid effect' where I'm everyone's center of conversation and attention. I hated having so many eyes on me. Hopefully they wouldn't make me get up in front of the class and make me introduce myself by using the alphabet to describe twenty-six things about me like I had to do at my middle school when I first arrived.

Sima sat on her bed with a huff. She was already dressed and ready for the day. “You eventually have to get up, Kyleigh. School starts in thirty minutes...and you do not wanna be late. Trust me. And I know you're hungry because your growling stomach woke me up. Come on!

I sighed and then sat up. “Fine,” I muttered then went to my dresser where I had a cream skater skirt, a red blouse with the my crest on it, and cream thigh highs sat. I went to the bathroom, quickly brushed my teeth and styled my hair, dressed, then put on a bit of liner, mascara, and gloss. I was as pale as can be and even considered slapping on some concealer, but then I decided I didn't have the time to do that. Neither did Sima apparently because at that point she dragged me out with my shoes and backpack in her hand.

I placed on my shoes while we ran down the hallway(which was hella hard to do) and then she tossed me my schoolbag that had my schedule in it thanks to Sima. When we reached our kitchen, she grabbed two breakfast bars and threw one at me which I almost didn't catch. “Eat while you walk,” she said then we were pretty much jogging down the long hall and out into the crisp evening.

Sima looked at her phone and gave a little sigh of relief. “Okay, we have seven minutes until the first bell rings. We can get there in about five. We have the same first and second hour so I won't have to be worried about myself being late thank goodness. Then I have to show you where your third hour is...what is your third hour again?”

I looked at the sheet. “Italian.”

“Oh hey, Mithra and Chang take that. They have third hour as well. Aren't you taking Latin too?”

I nodded. “Fifth hour. Right after lunch.”

She grinned. “Awesome, Chang will be with you then too. What's your fourth hour?”

I didn't say anything until we were on the level for all the Vampire classes. “Culinary Arts.”

“Riley has that class. I'll try to find you and get you there, my class is outside not too far from the electives building. Sixth hour?”

“Historical Literature.”

She frowned. “I don't think anyone in our group has that class. That will be in the core class building though. You're seventh hour will be in the field house which is just outside the garden and forest. Like you walk through the wall and make a sharp left then follow the path to get to the field house and ranch. It's huge. You can't miss it.”

Just then Sima halted while I continued to jog, but I quickly stopped and walked backward to enter the class.

It was a pretty nice sized classroom. It didn't have forty students in it like my old school did. About twenty-five, thirty at the most. Sima brought me up to the teacher who was an extremely short woman with chocolate brown hair and green eyes. She seemed pretty kind as she showed me where my locker was (I quickly learned that this was our homeroom and locker unit.) I thought the lockers were pretty cool. They we were long and wide and engraved into the wall which made them pretty deep. I was happy to see that there was a bunch of supplies in it so I grabbed a few notebooks and folders, some pens then took a seat next to Sima who handed me a text book.