Chapter Eight - If I Told You, I'd Have To Kill You

~Chapter Eight - If I Told You, I'd Have To Kill You~

            ******KILLER’S POV******

            I watched them all from afar, hidden in the darkness, shrouded by shadows as I watched the assembled group with a malicious smile on my face, the sterling knife pressing into my leg.

            They never knew I was here, would never see me coming until they stared into my eyes and the realization would flicker like a dying flame.

            I’d observed the group long enough to know their names. I knew how each of them would die.

            There was the parky cheerleader, Jessica, who met her end with a few simple slashes of the metallic knife pressing down in my pocket. I would watch with a smile as they realized they had been played like a fool, and I had pulled their strings like a puppeteer, bending them to my will as I saw fit.

            There was the feminine boy currently unconscious on the tables, which would meet possibly the most gruesome end of them all. I was looking forward to watching the life drained from his light eyes.

            The stoner-boy, Donovan, who would never make anything of himself in the future anyway. I was technically doing the world a favor by ending his chance to procreate. People should be thanking me for getting that low-life off of their hands. What had he been doing when the group found them? Listening to music through headphones so blaringly loud you could hear them a mile away, and playing air guitar. Getting him off of the street should be getting me a thank-you note, not a rap sheet.

            Drella, dear old Drella, the ‘Princess of the Dark Shadows.’ She just bummed everyone out by existing. Hers would be fun, and I could do some great things with her death…

            There was Steve, the old mall cop. He’d lived a long life, with a wife, Susannah, and one kid, Chastity. I’d been planning this long enough to ignore my conscience and just do the fun stuff. So what if he had a thirteen-year-old daughter? It wasn’t like I was killing her. She could still live a long life.

            Jason’s would be fun; he’d never see it coming, never suspect a thing. It was always the same with stupid jocks. They thought they were higher society; invincible. He was in for a nasty shock, I’m telling you.

            River, the ultimate betrayal. He will have lost everything by the time I get to him. Heck, if things go right, his would be the most enjoyable. The blood, the look of pain and shock; it made my blood tingle. Silly bad boy player, thinking he’d survive this off of his scorching good looks and dreamy smile that made all of the girls melt. Those eyes like melting ice caps in the Atlantic ocean, and that smirk that seemed to make every girl’s knees weak. I’d make his the best.

            Then I pictured the last girl there, with her brown curled locks and defiant hazel eyes. She had certain flair that one, and I couldn’t wait to extinguish it. She might possibly be my favorite.