Surveillance crew

Written 2012 by VeGirl

Elena and I were still grounded at the boarding house the next day, when there was a loud banging on the front door. As she answered, the guy outside told that he was from 'SafeDec', the company that put the smoke detectors in. They had detected an error in the system.

Stefan and Damon were at the door as fast as they could by human speed, which we afterwards were thinking was stupid since whoever had been watching everything that's been going on in that house for about a year. The guys took over handling the 'service-guy', doing their best to ask about the company, his boss and where they were located, by compelling him of course. He answered their questions obedient but I don't think the brothers were especially pleased, they didn't get much clues to what was happening.

SafeDec was easy to find on the internet and the information was correct with what the service-guy had told us, but we still didn't have much clue to who was responsible and why everything in this house was being filmed.

Back to square one.

How were we supposed to find out who was responsible for the intrusion of the brothers privacy?

Stefan and Damon conferred with Alaric on the matter, after they had destroyed the cameras they found in Elena's house. Alaric pulled a few strings and later that day he and Stefan took the car and headed for Duke to talk to somebody at the computer-science department.

Damon and I took his car to Caroline's house, after we drove Elena home to Jeremy for a while. Damon told Caroline a little white lie about needing to replace the batteries or something in the smoke-detectors, I don't really remember what he said, but I do remember that he didn't come clean with the truth.

We had gone for something to eat and got home to an empty house, which we were enjoying immensely.

Elena came suddenly barging in the door, panting and was about to cry. Damon and I got up from the couch in the parlour where we had been snuggling all alone in the house.

"What happened?"

"Rebekah was outside..." She was clearly upset, and I put my arms around her. "She was furious that I daggered her, of course, but she kept talking about her and Stefan..."

"And where is Saint Stefan?" Damon's voice was hard.

"He's not back yet..." she seemed despondent. "Rebekah kept talking about that she was going to get him back, and there was nothing I could do."

I pulled Elena in for another hug.

"That bitch is dead!" By now Damon was really mad.

"You're not going to kill her!"

"Watch me," he said with a glare and a vicious smile.

"Damon, get your ass back here!" My voice was hard and he really snapped his head my way and stopped in the middle of his step.

"Are you ordering me around?" he asked and the look in his eyes screamed danger. I knew I should back off, I had forgotten this side of him, but now I couldn't let that part back.

"Yes, you are not going after Becca!"

"She threatened Elena!" He sounded very protective and I understood that he and Elena really built a relationship, with Stefan being away.

I took the few steps it took to get close to him. "I get it! Nothing is going to happen to her." I put a hand on his arm. "I'll start with talking to her. If that won't work, you will have your chance, okay?" I assured him. "It would be easy for you to forgive me, if I was the one who daggered you in the back, right?" I couldn't help to add, even though I knew I was fighting fire with fire.