Inner feelings

Written 2012 by VeGirl

I turned around and looked at him. He looked hurt, with his eyebrows tight together like only he could. In a flash he was sitting next to me on the bed and surprisingly enough I wasn't even startled this time. We looked at each other close for a while. Suddenly he kissed me hard and I returned the kiss with the same intensity; all that existed in this world was him, and I was on my back on his bed again. His lips on my body was all I wanted.

"Don't go," he whispered in my ear.

"Why?" I breathed.

"I don't want you to go."

"Why?" I asked once again, I still couldn't believe this surreal reality.

"Do you expect a love declaration in this house full of eavesdroppers," he hissed.

I looked at him, puzzled. I did definitely not expect that, why would I? "Of course not; not here, and not anywhere else either."

He looked at me, baffled.

You can't love somebody after one day, that's insane; especially insane if that person don't exist. He did feel very real though, with his body pressed to mine, and with his lips on mine.

Keep it light! I thought and tried to joke about it. "I really don't want to be the rebound girl after the 'Bitch'..." I whispered that last word.

He started to smile. "Oh, that rebound is long gone! It has been 145 years and I haven't been celibate." He raised one of his brows and smiled his crocked smile which made my pulse quicken once again. It was weird how the thought of him with anybody else made me jealous.

"Obsession isn't love," he stated, loud and clear. I started to smile; I couldn't help to wonder, was that last sentence for my ears or for Katherine's?

"How much can I trust you?" I asked and saw him trying to respond. "When there are so many people in this house can hear this private conversation," I added in a whispering volume.

"That doesn't change the way I feel. Of course you can trust me!" He shook his head slowly in a very obvious way. His face lit up in one of those gorgeous smiles.

"I'm glad to hear that," I replied and also shook my head, smiling.

"LIAR!" Even I could hear the voices shouted from different parts of the house.

I giggled. "Did you really think we didn't know you were listening to every word?" I called out to them. I didn't hear any reply, but Damon snickered. "They're cursing." he explained. "Well, not Saint Stefan, of course, he's just brooding."

"Jerk! Kat' and I are going out for a drink," I heard Stefan shout throughout the house. "A real one!"

I looked questioningly, not sure what Stefan had meant. Damon showed his teeth to explain and I looked huge-eyed at him and wondering about what Elena was doing.

"Okay, then I'll take care of Elena!" Damon shouted to his brother and listened intense to what was happening downstairs. Finally he smiled, lay back on all the pillows in his bed and pulled me down to him. I lay with my head resting on his chest while he rested his cheek on my hair. We didn't say anything for quite a while.

"What's your life like," he asked softly, far from the edgy sarcastic way everybody was used to see him.

I smiled. "I hang out with my friend Anna a lot, listening to music or watching TV," I answered, thinking about my life that felt so unbelievable far away, almost surreal at this moment.

"What's your favourite TV-show?" he asked, and my heart skipped a beat.

That was the one question I didn't want. I started slowly to explain. "It's about two brothers... they fell in love in the same girl, and... she betrayed them. They turned vampire in 1864..."

"Ha ha, very funny!" He tickled me til I laughed. "So, what kind of music do you listen to?" he asked soft as he twined his fingers with mine. It was a little bit easier to keep the pulse slow when I didn't see his gorgeous face, but his touch sent shivers along my spine.

I smiled but could not come up with any favourite songs at all. I laughed and pulled up my iphone from the jeans pocket. I clicked up my song list and we discussed the Bravery and Coldplay.

I had to play a few of my favourite Swedish songs at the moment, like Timbuktu and Towe Styrke. Timbuktu's song I smiled about and had to roughly explain the Swedish lyrics, where he wished the friend was hit by lightning, would be in all kinds of accidents, never again remember a pin-code in his life and that his hard drives for ever would crash.

"I wouldn't want to be his enemy." He laughed softly. "But the Swedish sounds cool," he whispered in my ear. "Say something in Swedish."

I laughed. "Vad vill du att jag ska säga, att du är snygg som F och att jag är tokig som inte hoppar på dig," I said smiling and turned my head to look at him.

"Grrr..." His sexy growl made me shiver all over and when I turned to face him, he smiled that crocked smile of his. I was glad I hadn't played Towe's song that was called 'Fuck my brains out.' Or perhaps I aught to.

He took his finger and drew lazy patterns on my skin. My heart started to pound like it was about to break free. His finger kept on tracing a line on my skin along my jaw and then down my neck along my carotid artery, I shuddered and my breathing started to get ragged and hard.

"You better stop that, I'm getting hungry..." he murmured slowly.

"You stop," I whispered and almost started to beg, I wasn't really sure if I was begging him to stop or continue, though. "I don't have to call your brother, the head of security, do I..." I now whispered against his lips.

"Maybe you do..." he said and kissed me.

I was on top of him with his hands on my ass, when the door slammed open and Stefan rushed in, about to save me. I didn't want to be saved. Hadn't he gone out?

"Do I bust in on you and Elena?" Damon said calm without looking at him; his voice was hoarse. Stefan apologized and disappeared quickly and Damon smiled. "Always the gentleman; the saviour."

I decided at that moment that I didn't want to jump his bones, not in this house... it felt like I was 16 and my parents were listening in on me and my first boyfriend. "It feels like we're tended for by a bunch of baby sitters," I mumbled, frustrated.

He laughed softly and I slumped down on the pillows again with a sigh. Damon got out of the bed. "I'm going to get something to eat, you want something? I've got a pint of soccer mom in the freezer," he offered.

"Eww!" I said with a face, but he just smiled.

"I think I might need a cold shower as well," he mumbled and left the room.

I got out of bed, brushed my teeth and slipped into my tank top and boxers. I had just got under the covers when he got back to the room.

"Honey, I'm home," he said smiling. "I could get used to this, coming home to a beautiful girl, waiting in bed."

"You better go brush your teeth; don't come near me, smelling like blood! I will definitely pass out," I warned. I couldn't even have blood drawn at the doctor's office without swooning.

He laughed out loud. "How ironic," he laughed, but brushed his teeth as I asked, before crawling under the covers in his boxers.

My, oh my, in bed with Damon, dressed only in his boxers... Should I call Anna? Nah!

We snuggled close together and it took like forever to fall asleep.

~~Authors Note ~~

I had to link Timbuktu's song if you want to listen. Thankfull for feedback, of course!

Enjoy! / Veronica

.