"Right Now"- S.I. (Niall)

We'll never be as young as we are right now
We'll never see the world like we do right now
So take in what's around you
Put your camera down
Take a shot, give it all you got

I have a way of getting stuck on yesterday
I tend to miss the little things that come my way
Always looking forward, always looking back
They seem so near, but they're not here
Cause time moves on so quickly
Without or with me
I've got to take a breath

And slow down, slow down
My mind is racing
Catch up, catch up
I've gotta pace myself
I'm always wondering
But I don't need to go right now

Let go, let go
We hold our fears too tight
Begin, begin, to live your life
The present is our future past
We've gotta make this moment last
Right now

Have you ever noticed how your heartbeat feels
When you're nervous or excited
Cause it's getting real
Have you stopped to listen to what's in your soul
That's your intuition, and it always knows

Time moves on so quickly
Without or with me
I've got to take a breath

And slow down, slow down
My mind is racing
Catch up, catch up
I've gotta pace myself
I'm always wondering
But I don't need to go right now

Let go, let go
We hold our fears too tight
Begin, begin, to live your life
The present is our future past
We've gotta make this moment last
Right now

Right now, right now
Enjoy the ride, the ride that you're on
Right now, right now

Let go, let go
We hold our fears too tight
Begin, begin, to live your life
The present is our future past
We've gotta make this moment last
Right now

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your P.O.V.

It's currently 2:50 AM. Your hair is tied in a messy bun, glasses perched on the bridge of your nose, eyebrows furrowed in concentration and you're clicking away on your desktop computer finishing up your fifth project of the night.

You work for a creativity firm, by the name of SpiceBox Industries, that makes ads for magazines. On your team, you're the head creator, which entitles starting and finishing projects conducted by ideas from your team members.

As you are putting the finishing touches on the written plan, you hear footsteps approach you. Glancing to your left, you see your boyfriend Niall standing there, looking groggy as ever. His arms are crossed over his chest, eyes squinted with sleep and the only thing he's wearing is a pair of boxers low on his hips.

He steps closer to watch you at work. Clicking save, you swivel your chair around.

"Hey sleeping beauty."

Wiping the sleep from his eyes, he peeks at the clock above your desk before looking back to you. "It's almost three in the morning, you're still working on that project?"

"Not exactly..." you trail off. "I might've started on a couple more."

"But the one you were working on earlier, that one doesn't start for another couple of months. Why are you starting more now?"

"Just to get ahead."

"Princess, please come to bed," he chuckles, reaching his hand out for you to grab.

"But I'm-I'm..." a yawn escapes you, "not even tired."

"Clearly you are," grabbing your hand, he pulls you up and leads you to the bedroom.

Climbing into bed, you take your glasses off, folding them and laying them on your nightstand. Slumping down to rest on your back, your head hits the pillow. Niall wraps his arms around you to pull you closer. He falls back asleep in a matter of seconds, but you lay awake. Your mind is racing a million miles an hour, with idea after idea.

Coming up with an additional concept, you move stealthy to get out of Niall's grasp. Stirring in his sleep, he startles you with his raspy whisper, "babe, where ya goin'?"

"I was heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water," you fib.

"I love you honey, but I know you're really not going to the kitchen, you were going to keep working." Sitting up in bed, he flicks on the bedside lamp. "What's up with all of the urges to be creating?"

"I just have so many ideas I want to do, and I want to do them all before I lose them," you buzz.

"Baby, I love that you are so driven, and ambitious. I also know you love your job, you're amazing at it, and I would know because I've seen it all. I love to see you succeed, but I also care about your health, making sure you're well-rested, and fed right. I'm sure your mind is swarming with new innovative techniques, I'm the same way with songwriting. But please get some rest tonight."

Nodding your head, you lay back down in Niall's arms, "to be honest, I am exhausted, and sleep sounds amazing right now. Thank you for caring so much. I love you, handsome," kissing his cheek, you lay your head on his chest, as his arms wrap around your torso. Soon you're sound asleep.

///////////////////

Hope you enjoyed!! I've had this idea for days now. I'm glad to finally have it up.

P.S. I love this song! Sabrina is an amazing artist. @hiitsmichelle got me obsessed with her, so thanks for that! But this song (attached above), is one of my favorites. I feel like I can relate to it on so many levels. I showed it to my mom, and she said it reminded her of me, because I have the same habit. where I think too far into the past or the future, and ignore the present. But listening to this song, makes me think about where I am, and brings me back down to earth.

Again, hope you all liked this!

It is currently almost midnight, and I have a boatload of homework to finish tomorrow, so I need to catch some zzs. Goodnight!

5-4-3-2-1,,,AND HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY TO MY MAIN SQUEEZE, MR. NIALL JAMES "DREAM BOAT" HORAN!

-- Nikki