Fancy Meeting You Here

"A few more steps," you muttered, "just a few more...and sit." Letting out a sigh of relief, you began to relax in your seat on the tube, feeling it rumble to start and head out of the station.

Fishing out your phone from your bag, you began answering emails. You had just gotten off a long day at the office. Right now you were working for Marie Claire magazine in their London establishment, as an executive assistant to the head director. Not that you were complaining, but there was always some ounce of work to be done.

As you're typing away, responding to a client, you spot a petite elder. She has short, gray, curly hair, about shoulder length. Big, round glasses adorn her rumpled face. She's hunched over, carrying a hefty pocketbook, and a wooden cane. You continue writing, but can't help but overhear her going around asking for empty seats. Looking up again, you get a better look at her. If you were to guess, she's in her mid 80s, maybe early 90s.

As you're about to get back to what you were previously doing, you see her stop to talk to a young group of boys. You continue to watch for a few minutes before resorting your eyes to the bright screen.

Your ears perk up when you hear laughter coming from the group. Looking back up, you see the old-aged woman sulk her shoulders, as she carried herself away. You notice she's getting closer, and as she's about to approach a middle-aged man sitting diagonally across the isle, you stop her in her tracks.

"Ma'am?" you call.

"Yes?" she responds in her tiny, scratchy voice.

"You can have my seat."

"No no no, you were there first. I'll find one soon. Thank you dear." As she is about to hobble away, you call to her again.

"No really, please, take my seat. You need it more than I do," you grin.

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely positive!" Standing up, you slide your phone in your pocket, obtain your bag, while slinging it over your shoulder, and grab her hand, leading her to your seat and assisting her in sitting.

"Thank you! I appreciate it," she states, shyly smiling.

Nodding, you grab a railing and hold on. Pulling out your phone, you're about to continue your business on your device.

"That was really sweet of you love," you hear a voice behind you, with a hint of an accent.

"Just helping out the elderlies," you grin as you spin around to come face-to-face with a gorgeous blonde.

"Doing your good deed for the day?" he asks, smirking.

"Something like that," you giggle, blushing and shying away. Man was he attractive. He had short, scruffy blonde hair, with brown peaking in the roots, styled into a quiff. Along with round, wayfarer style eyeglasses, a short sleeve denim button down and skinny jeans. Not to mention white sneakers at his feet.

Turning back to look at the beautiful angel of a human being, you see he's staring off into a distance behind you. Waving your hand in front of his face to get his attention.

"Look at that, two seats just opened up. Let's grab them." Taking your hand, he leads you a little down the isle, sitting down and pulling you to do so as well.

"See? This all worked out," he states, turning to you. "We have seats, and mines the best because I'm sitting next to a beautiful girl, and although I don't know her name yet, I know she's a total sweetheart," he winks, then straightens himself, facing forward again.

"Do you want to know my name?" You asked.

"Not yet," he answered.

"Not yet?" You asked quizzically.

"I want to figure you out first, messenger bag," he says squinting. You cock your head to the side in confusion to the nickname, until you realized your work bag is indeed, a messenger bag.

"Figure out what exactly, double denim?"

He smirks. "You."

"What about me?" You grimace.

"Everything there is to know," he shrugs.

Chuckling, you glance in your lap a second, before picking your head back up to look at him. In the most sarcastic way you can muster, you reply, "funny thing is, there's this thing called a date. And with those you can do anything. Usually on the first, you go out to dinner and talk. With the talking, comes learning about each other. It's pretty amazing! I'm just sayin'," holding your hands up, and dropping them to your lap.

Blondie starts cackling to a point he's bent over holding his stomach. Sitting back up, he looks at you. "Sounds like a good deal. How about I pick you up tomorrow night at 7:00?"

"It's a date!" You boosted.

"There's just one thing. Mind if I get your number?"

Nodding, you take his phone from his extended hand, inserting your phone digits, bestowing it into his open hand once done. Feeling the train come to a stop, you stand up, gather your bag and bid a farewell to the bleached hair babe.

As you're strolling to your apartment building, you feel your phone vibrating. Extracting it from your pocket, you glance at the screen to see an incoming call from an unknown number. Answering it, you immediately place it to your ear. After a moment of silence, you hear a voice. "My name is Niall," and the line goes dead.

Receding your hand, you smile at the screen, locking it.

You knew you were in for a real treat.