Swagger Chapter Three Part 2

Monte P O V

Hearing that she was pregnant did something to me. Okay I wanted Chris for myself I admit but I couldn't stand the fact that she was going to have his child. Matter of fact I prayed that child wasn't his. I couldn't even enjoy his presence. I was so glad he was leaving and yet sad at the same time. I had Terrence take him out because I didn't want his company.

"So this is how we gone leave our friendship sour" he asked placing his kicks in his duffle.

"Have a good flight" I told him putting my keys in my purse.

He shook his head "Tashell I refuse to do this"

"Do what the damage is done she's pregnant there is nothing more you could say or do to try and ease the pain. You promised me Christopher that this would never happen she wasn't a permanent fixture that you would never give her the one thing you promised me"

"You know what your problem is you want to have your cake and eat it too that's just it. One minute you want me the next minute it's about that Terrence nigga. I don't appreciate being a pawn Tashell. And besides I promised you that shit when I was a younging who loved your ass so much that I would do anything to please you including making you make decisions for me. But you know what Tashell I see it you can't stand to see me being happy with someone else and now the fact that Lina is pregnant just takes the icing on the cake. She's bringing a life into this world that she and I made and regardless that's my seed and I'm a man even if that means destroying this fucked up love we share"

"So now our love is fucked up?" She gets pregnant and I'm supposed to accept being pushed off to the side Chris?" I asked him.

"What the fuck do you want from me Tashell you're with Terrence you say your happy damnit."

"But you said we would be together in the long run-

"Oh so now all that shit matters to you now? Huh didn't you want to break us off when you realize you was in love with that nigga"

"It's not like that" I was damn near tears Chris was going to leave me and I knew it was coming. I didn't want him to go because out of everyone else he had been the only constant love in my damn life. And sure I was a fool for not realizing sooner that I was leading him on but so.

"You don't get it do you?" he asked me

"Get what"

"Tashell I've never hurt you but you've always hurt me. The things I do for you I wouldn't even do for the woman who has endured all the shit you put me through. I loved you so much Tashell."

"If you loved me Chris you wouldn't have gotten her pregnant"

"Would you stop it?"

"Stop what your leaving me" I screamed at him tears threatening to fall.

He shook his head I can't do this anymore Tashell I can't I ain't cut out for this entire bullshit and guilt trip. I won't stand here and act like you're the victim she's pregnant I'm proposing to her and that's it. Were done were fucking done I ain't waiting for you no more because truth of the matter is you never wanted to be with me in the first place. "He closed his duffle bag" Are you taking me to the airport or am I catching a cab?"

I shook my head "Don't do this Chris" I begged of him. He looked at me.

"Its done were done I don't want to do this no more. Tashell your selfish you and that Tremaine nigga actually deserve to be together he turned you into a fucking monster" I just stood there Chris never spoke to me like this never ever.