Chapter 3

"Father, can I please go to the palace?" I asked, hoping to see the handsome soldier again.

"No! It is forbidden!" he bellowed.

"No, I don't want to go inside the palace, I just want to visit to see the beautiful view." I answered. "Please, just consider it." I pleaded.

"Never! I shan't ever take that risk!" he roared. Now I was getting frustrated.

"Why can't you just think about it!? I promise I won't go inside uninvited!" I yelled.

"Get these thoughts of invading the palace out of your head, young lady!" 

"Why do you always say no to everything I ask? You never listen to me! You're not my father!" I screamed, and turned tail. I swam until I was sure I was out of his sight.

I felt regret seeping into me like water into a sponge, but stopped it. My "father" deserved what he got. Besides, I had a mission to complete.

I flew through the water, until I saw the palace in the distance. I hid behind some nearby seaweed and took a deep breath. I reassured myself: It is only forbidden to enter the palace without being invited. As long as I talked with him outside of it, I would be safe.

My heart was about ready to burst out of my chest, as I swam toward the palace. But I couldn't believe what I saw, or didn't see, when I got there. 

There were no guards. But there were always guards outside the palace! 

Except... when there was a meeting for all palace members. Then they go inside and discuss arising problems. But there was only a meeting when the problem was really important.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't contain my curiosity. So I swam right next to an opening on the side of the palace, and started eavesdropping on their conversation.

Father would kill me.