Chapter 33 And So It Begins

It took me ages to write this chapter, but I had a ball doing it! It was so much fun writig this one :D

This is dedicated to LilyEvans90 for her inspirational words on the last chapter that definitely made me get over my sickness faster! Thank you, lovely!

Chapter 33 And So It Starts

As I sat down to lunch on the first of May, I felt where I had my DA coin in my pocket burning. I pulled it out immediately and my eyes widened.

Harry had been sighted at Hogwarts.

“Thanks Neville,” I muttered to myself. I knew it was him who had let me know… well all of us really. Everyone in DA would now know Harry was at Hogwarts.

Surely that meant the battle that had been loomed above of us for so long was quickly coming. It made my heart flutter with fear, but also excitement. This battle we had all suffered through for so long could end soon.

“Mum! Dad!” I shouted at the top of my lungs, even though they were in the same room as me. Adrenalin was making me feel braver than usual.

“What is it, Ginny?” Mum asked irritably.

“It’s all going to end,” I answered, quieter this time. I looked up at the both and could tell they had no idea what I was talking about. “Harry has been sighted at Hogwarts! Surely this means the end of the war!”

Mum clutched her chest while Dad held the kitchen bench for support.

“Harry… Hogwarts?” Mum managed to stutter. I nodded and then Dad started shouting for Fred and George to come downstairs. Muriel came in with them, grumpy as usual, especially since she had been disturbed while listening to her favourite program of the WWN.

What is it?” grumbled Muriel.

“The battle is starting,” Dad said grimly. “Your mother and I need to get to Hogwarts, but you are all to stay here. You hear me?”

“But, Dad!” Fred protested.

“We’re adults now, we can do what we like!” George added.

Dad shook his head. “We need somebody to take care of Ginny while we’re gone. She can’t be left alone and she can’t come to the battle.”

“What!” I shouted. “I’m the one who told you about it, I should be able to come!”

“That was my final word, Ginny,” Dad said sternly, taking Mum’s handing and disapparating.

I turned to my brothers who were looking at me with the dirtiest stares I’d ever seen. They were onbviously furious that they had to stay behind.

“Look,” I began. “We don’t belong here. We belong at the battle. We belong at Hogwarts! I’m going there whether you two are or not.”

“We’re coming,” they said together at once. “But what about you? Isn’t it too-“

“Do not say dangerous, George Weasley,” I said, my eyes narrowing at them. They surrendered and took my hands, apparating us all to Hogsmeade where I knew of a secret way to in to Hogwarts. Neville had sent me a letter – using code words of course, but I managed to figure out what it said eventually – telling me about an entrance I could go through at the Hog’s Head Inn. I told Fred and George about it and they agreed that would be the easiest and safest way to enter our old school.

Hog’s Head Inn was dingy and dirty. There were still dirty cups filled with frothing liquid in them sat on the tables. The owner, Aberforth Dumbledore who had been so negative about the whole war, immediately let us in.