Chapter 15 Letters

This is quite a short and boring chapter (in my opinion). Barely anything happens in it, so I'm really sorry! I'll try to get the next chapter on as fast as possible.

Chapter 15 Letters

The owls hooted noisily as they flew into the Great Hall to deliver mail.

Errol, flying lopsidedly and very slowly, dropped a letter onto my lap seconds before fainting on the table.

“He’s not dead, is he?” Luna asked, prodding him with her finger. Errol let out a hoot, but stayed asleep.

“Does that answer you’re question?” I joked, tearing the envelope off the letter. The letter was short, but it got its message across quite clearly.

Dear Ginny,

You’re coming home. I don’t care what you say, you are leaving Hogwarts the minute I get permission to come and get you.

Love, Mum

“Neville, can I borrow a quill?” I asked, my voice angry. How dare Mum tell me what to do? I was practically an adult, and even if I wanted to leave Hogwarts, I couldn’t. People would lose hope if Neville, Luna or I went home, as we were the leaders of DA – hope.

Neville searched through his bag and retrieved a ratty looking quill. I took it off him and flipped the letter over, beginning to write a furious response back to my mother.

Mum,

I am not coming home. I need to help the students here as much as possible, surely you understand. I don’t want them to lose hope.

Ginny

I smirked at the letter, knowing Mum would feel bad for being selfish when I was helping other people here.

I poked Errol with my wand and he woke up with a startle glint in his eyes. I tied the letter onto his leg and Errol looked at me exasperately.

“Don’t look at me like that,” I frowned. “It’s your job, so get going.”

Errol took off heavily and another owl dropped a letter onto me just as Errol left through a round window.

I tore the letter open and read it, feeling relieved.

Ginny,

I know your mother just sent you a letter, ignore it. I have convinced her to let you stay at Hogwarts for the time being, but I don’t know how long it will be until something tips her over the edge.

Please stay safe, my daughter.

Lots of love,

Dad

“Good, you’re staying,” Neville sighed in relief as I shoved the letter in front of him. “I don’t know what we’d do if you left.”

“I don’t know what I’d do either,” I admitted. “Even though sometimes I wish I could leave, I would hate myself forever if I made that decision.”

“You wouldn’t hate yourself,” Luna spoke up. “Drastic times call for drastic measures. You never know how you’ll react to something until you have to react.”

“Wise,” I chuckled. “Who knew Luna Lovegood was such a fortune cookie?” Neville and Luna joined in laughing.

Another owl swooped down and dropped yet another letter into my lap.

“How many more am I going to get?” I exclaimed, slightly annoyed.

Dear Ginny,

How are you? Tell me honestly. How is Hogwarts treating you?

Life for me at the moment is… great to say the least. Remus has been acting much less strange and has been expressing his excitement about the baby for weeks now. It brings joy to me to see him so happy. We have moved into my parents’ house as Remus is constantly going to do work for the Order and during these times, I can’t stand to be alone. My father is on the run because of his blood status, but my mother is as supportive as ever.

I’m starting to get big! This baby is growing so much and is extremely active (unfortunately!). Everything is moving so quickly. I’m starting to worry… what have Remus and I done? We are bringing a child into this world only to have him/her suffer what we’re going through. And the werewolf thing added to that, this child is going to have a terrible life. I’m scared Remus and I won’t live up to the standards of being a good parent.

Sorry for my rambling, it’s just hard not to have anyone but Remus and my mother to talk to.

Tonks

Hm... I just reread this chapter, and it sounds like Ginny is not a very nice person. Please don't think of her that way, she's just coping with everything in her way (haha, I'm getting defensive of a character... that isn't even mine! Well anyway :) )

Please don't be a silent reader! Pweeeease comment!

Emily xo