History

Note:  May or may not be Laro Ni Tadhana's part II. 😊

Lapses,  sabaw and lutang thoughts ahead. Read at your own risk. ✌🏻

Chris's POV

I was enjoying the silence the setting delivered while quietly reading my tito's letter to his great love until -

"Naks naman! May bouquet bouquet ka pa. Kilala mo?"

You sat next to me. I didn't throw you a glance. Instead, I looked at the two tombs in front of me.

"Gay as it may sound, pero they're probably the greatest lovestory I've ever heard of." I replied back.

I can feel you nod at my statement.

Normally, I wouldn't talk to a stranger. Heck, I wouldn't even bother to reply back. But that time, it felt different. You were different.

"Correction. They could've been the greatest love story." You just had to rain on my parade.

"Too bad it never got the chance to continue." I stated.

"Too bad it never even got the chance to start." You corrected.

"BV ka ren e! You're so pessimistic naman." I exclaimed.

"Haha! Chill ka lang. Sinasakyan ko lang naman drama mo, Pong!" You defended while continuously laughing at me.

I creased my forehead.

"How did you know my nickname? Are you my stalker ba?" I smirked.

"Grabe sya. Assumero mo naman po. It says on your tshirt kaya." You pointed with your voluptuous lips.

I looked down to my shirt and, Oo nga pala. An 'I am Pong Pagong' statement was boldly ironed on top of it.

"This shirt is my tito's actually. It's actually from her" I pointed at the tomb on the right.

"I know. Eh bat mo sinusuot?"

"I wear it every time I visit their tomb. It makes me feel na I actually got the chance to know him. He died four years kase before I was born."

We kept mum and silent.

While silences are usually awkward, our silent moment was a relief. Ang daldal mo kase. Joke. Kidding aside, it did feel comfortable.

But I guess, you just couldn't stop talking.

"I'm sorry about that. But if it makes you feel better, I was born 5 years after she died." Your eyes were glued to the carved letters belonging to the tomb on the right.

"But anyway- ano yang hawak mo?" You diverted the topic.

"Ah. Tito's last letter. My Ninong gave this to me. Siya kase nagkwento nung almost ni tito and niyang great love niya. He said, this is tito's reply to his great love's last message to him. I would've loved to read the message pero wala daw kay Ninon-"

"You mean this?" And you showed me a piece of brown paper.

"Deal tayo! I'll read your letter and you'll read mine. Oh wait! Let me rephrase that. I'll read your tito's letter and you'll read my tita's. Deal?"

"Deal."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------