The Untold

"Ara, bakit?" Kim inquired, directing the question to Ara who stopped from walking, eyes dilated.

The Lady Spikers (a varsity team comprised of intermediate to senior high school students of De La Salle School) turned their heads towards Ara, signalling that they are as curious as their KAFtain.

Mika was the first to shock Ara out of her reverie.

"Daks! Why?" She waved her hands in front of Ara's.

Instead of replying, Ara immediately swivelled her backpack in front, unzipped her bag, and scrambeled its contents, freely falling towards the road floor.

"HUY! Bakla! Kung makalitter ka naman diyan! Ano ba nangyayare?" Carol, with her usual "abot sa kabilang continent" boses, asked.

"Baklaaaaaaaaa. Huhu!" Ara whined, as soon as she stopped scrambling her bag. She stomped her left foot, then her right.

"Naiwan ko notebook ko sa desk." She pouted.

"Naiwan lang pala e! Lahat naman ng naiwan, nababalikan girl." Cienne, with her "hugot" line.

"Pero, baka itapon yun!" Ara countered, with a deeper pout.

"Di naman itatapon yun. Pinaghirapan mo notes dun. Kahit sino naman makakita nun, di yun itatapon. Effort kaya ng handwriting mo dun, Bels." Camille assured.

Ara felt lighter. True enough, Camille is right. She should stop worrying.

"Pero di lahat ng tao narerealise ang worth ng isang bagay, especially ang effort ng isang tao." Kim unconciously uttered, eyes staring at her phone.

For moments of silence, Kim decided to look up with two kinds of stares directed at her: glaring ones and ones with sympathy. And as for Ara? Ayun, may sariling mundo siya.

Kim shook her head upon understanding the Lady spikers. She coughed loud, and walked nearer to Ara. She engulfed Ara in her sweetest and tightest hug,

"Pero impossibleng di pahalagahan ang effort ng isang Ara Galang. Di yun itatapon. Tanga na lang di makaka-appreciate ng effort mo." Kim smiled.

Ara felt better, pero temporarily lang dahil she remembers she has an exam the following day and her notes chose to have an unexpected sleepover at her school desk.

~ Dorm ~

"Carol Ano na! Di naman pwedeng nganga lang ako dito diba? I need those notes."

"Girl, naloloka beauty ko sayo. Sige balikan mo, kung papasukin ka!"

"Carol naman eh."

"Ara. Kung ichat mo kaya si Teng, magkaklase naman kayo dun diba?"

Ara hopped and jumped in excitement.

"Talino mo baks! Labyu."

Ara immediately got her laptop and typed in her details, only to be disappointed with a "Jeron Teng is offline" status.

"Baaaakkkssss. Offline." She pouted.

"Amin na nga!" Carol overtook Ara's laptop.

Carol munched over a piece of bread, while her hands expertly type on Ara's keyboard. Minutes passed, she handed it over to Ara and stormed her way out of the room.

Ara laughed at her friend, thinking na nag-e-LBM na naman si Carol. Obviously, she's oblivious to what Carol has done.

Her laughs became softer and less audible, and she decided to look at her monitor screen.

Her eyes bulged out, accompanied by the dropping of her jaw.

Meanwhile, Carol laughed hysterically while descending.