Frames and Filters

"Ready na Ara and Thomas?"

Thomas held Ara's hand and they both smiled at each other.

"Ay oh! Pak ganern! Inlab na inlab mga bes." Their make-up artist Muriel commented in glee.

"Nice. Save it for the camera, lovebirds." Their director, Paolo, half-instructed.

"Oh alam nyo na yan mga bes ha! Go lang ng go!" Joric tapped their backs and attended the call.

"10 minutes before airing!" Sigaw ni Carol na tarantang taranta.

Ara is definitely nervous. It's their first appearance on screen and she'd want it to be perfect. Afterall, dapat perfect.

Thomas shocked her out of her misery, when their friends approached them.

"Goodluck ThomAra!" Their friends chorused and laughed until a cough interrupted their session.

"Ehem ehem." The voice motioned.

"Je. Bro!" Thomas and Jeron performed their secret bro code handshake.

" Finally, ThomAra in front of the public. On nationwide TV pa!" Jeron winked at Thomas.

This provoked smiles from everyone, all genuine. Or maybe.

"But seriously, Thanks for doing this bro." Jeron thankfully uttered.

Thomas looked at Ara.

"No problem bro. Not a burden to me. Not at all. Anything for you and your show's ratings! Hahaha!" He responded.

And everyone again, showcased genuine smiles. Or maybe.

"Alright! Places! We're rolling in 3 minutes!"

"Oy! Microphone nina thomas at Ara! Jeron pumwesto ka na. Gwapo ka na uy!" Mika commanded.

"Naks. Thanks babe." Jeron winked.

At isang empty plastic bottle ang tumama sa kanya.

"Babe ka dyan! Ew!" Mika pretended to puke.

"Sus! If I know kung di lang talaga ako taken, you would have courted me pero sorry na lang, someone has my heart na" He joked but seriously looked at the love of his life. It's a figure of a woman, trying to calm herself in front of the mirror.

Mika looked at the same figure. Ang swerte nya. Ang swerte swerte nya.

"That's it! 10 seconds!" Pagpalakpak ni Carol.

Jeron placed himself on the platform.

Thomas and Ara remained at the sidelines, waiting for their cue.

Ara breathed in and out, and glanced at the mirror once more. Kaya yan Ara! For all of them. She encouraged herself.

Thomas noticed this. Heck, he notices everything Ara does. He loves her. He does. That's why he's doing this interview, perhaps to show that he really loves her kahit anong maging situation.

Thomas offered his hands, and Ara gladly obliged. Their chemistry is undeniable, it's not just the shippers that feel or notice it, they do too.

Ara tightened her grip and this eventually made Thomas chuckle.

"Hey, I know you're worried but frankly, nothing to worry about. Just be you." Thomas pepped talked and pinched Ara's cheeks.

"They loved us as we were and as we are. They'll love you as Ara, and nothing can change that." Thomas sincerely encouraged Ara with both palms on her blushing cheeks.  I love you, as you are.  He thought.