Chapter 28

Plays/Musicals » Love Never Dies » A Light in the Dark
Author: thatweirdtheatrekid   
Rated: T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Reviews: 77 - Published: 04-14-14 - Updated: 06-16-16    id:10270670
Chapter 28 (Erik's Pov)

All ten children were runaways. Don't misunderstand me. They were wonderful children.

When I met them at the gate, they all looked at me with such intense eyes. A couple looked scared while a couple looked more curious. I stood and looked at them with hands behind my back. I wasn't really quite sure what to do. As it turns out, I didn't need to know.

A small little girl came up and hugged my waist. He brunette curls were pulled up in pigtails with white ribbon. She looked up at me with big brown eyes and a sweet little smile. "I'm Angie. What's your name?" she asked with pleading eyes.

"You may call me Mr. Y, children," I said addressing all of them. Little Angie reached up for me and clenched her fists open and closed. I hesitantly picked her up and held her on my hip. "How old are you, Angie?" She held up six fingers. "Six?" I said. "Well, you're practically grown up aren't you?" She smiled and buried her face in the shoulder of my jacket.

I eyed a small little boy with the same brunette hair and brown eyes that didn't look quite as frightened as some of the others. "What is your name?" I asked gently.

He shyly stepped away from the others. "I'm Luca."

"And how old are you Luca?"

"I'm ten."

Ten. He was the same age as Gustave when he came here. "Is Angie your sister?"

He simply nodded. I set Angie down next to him. "Is there anyone else who would like to introduce themselves?" I asked.

It took a moment, but eventually a little boy with glasses and sandy colored hair reached his hand out to me. "I'm Trevor. I'm eleven. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr. Y."

I chuckled and shook his hand. "Pleased to meet you, my good sir."

Another child who was a little smaller than the other boys came out from behind the rest. "I'm Blake. I'm seven."

I nodded a hello to him. This was why I adored children. They were easy to convince.

A little girl with straight black hair slipped out from behind the taller girls. "I'm Jade. I'm five."

I smiled at her as another girl introduced herself. "I'm Sammy. I'm nine," she said happily. I grinned at her as well, and she giggled.

"I'm Alex. I'm eight," the last little boy said shyly. I couldn't help but notice how much he blushed when he spoke. His little hazel eyes sparkled under his dark brown hair, and he had an extremely thin and frail frame. I would have to keep an eye on him. He didn't seem as healthy as the others.

A little girl with straight brown hair and blue eyes shoved her way in front of the group. "I'm Mary, and I'm ten," she said proudly.

"I'm Hannah, and I'm seven," said a little girl with extremely long blonde hair.

I had been counting on my fingers how many children that was. There had to be one child left. In her efforts to hide, she was still easy to spot. She was taller than the others. Her bright red hair hung down her back in pretty curls fit for a princess. Her eyes were almost an indescribable color. I suppose one could say that they were gray. Her hair was partially pulled back in a pale blue ribbon to match her dress. She was standing by the gate and trying to avoid my gaze. I walked to her.

"Hello," I said simply.

She adjusted her wrap and glanced up at me. "Hello..."

"And what might your name be?"