Chapter 10

"Matthew and I are going to gather food for you for the next full moon," I say.

"Actually I can't come. I have to.......gather wood for the fire tonight. So I'm going to stay in this area."

"Oh,okay." I walk away. That's strange. Matthew always likes hanging out together.

Ryan's P.O.V.

"You can stop hiding your secret, Matthew."

"What secret?" He asks. "Don't toy with me. I can smell it on you. I know what you are."

"What am I again? I was not informed of being anything except for human."

"Your sarcasm is getting a little old these days. But maybe there is one thing you don't know you are. And that would be a liar."

"I am not a liar!"

"Only liars get defensive," I say confidently. Why  hasn't he cracked yet? He always cracks easily.

"Only liars don't get defensive," He says. I scowl.

"Jerk," I mumble under my breath.

"What was that? Something about me being a jerk?" How could he have heard that?! I said it so quietly. Oh, right because he's a...Someone cuts off my thinking. Julie walks into the clearing.

"Hi." She walks up to me and kisses me on the cheek. Matthew growls low in his throat. I smirk.

Julie's P.O.V.

The guys are standing around doing nothing.

"Why aren't you doing anything?" I ask after I kiss Ryan on the cheek.

"I was just about to leave to go get firewood," Matt says. "Why didn't you get wood while I was gone?"

"Ryan kept me from leaving. He wanted to talk to me about something."

"Oh." Matt walks out of the clearing.

"I killed a rabbit for dinner tonight." I hold the dead rabbit by the ears. Ryan points his finger at it.

"That is a prize-winning rabbit right  there."

"Thanks. It took me so long to catch it."

"I'm proud of you." He walks over to me. His lips fall onto mine. I kiss him back. What is Matt comes back and sees Ryan and I making out? Will he hate me? Will he want me more? Emotions I can't explain swirls. These emotions are almost a mix of concern, fear, and happiness. I put my hand around his neck. He puts his hand in my hair. He messes it up. I put my hand under his shirt and feel around. His back is smooth. My fingers trace the indentations in his back. I hear footsteps, but I don't bother to turn around. I have nothing to hide. Ryan's my boyfriend. I shouldn't have to be careful not to let Matthew see. Ryan stops kissing me and looks up. He has an surprised expression.

"Is something wrong?" I ask. I turn around to see what he's looking at. An over sized gray wolf stands in front of Ryan and I.

"I didn't think you were planning on revealing yourself to her yet," Ryan states.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"I would introduce you, but you have already met." The gray wolf growls.

"Ryan, I' m confused."

"Don't you recognize him? It's Matthew. Your best friend." I take a step closer.