Chapter 4: I'm off.

A/N: Hey! Just so you know I was think about drawing for the next chapter. I know that's a bit weird but I think It'd be fun so oh well. Don't forget to enjoy vote and follow! (•~^)/
💀❤️
_______________________________

It's been two years now. Since that day. When Loveday found me, took me in. She raised me, cared for me as her own. She's everything to me. But there's one slight problem.

She is SUPER protective.
I've been living in this forest- in this  CAVE for the last two years, and I've never been out passed the borders. Even into Merryweather land!
Ever since I got here, all Loveday has told me-
'Stay out of the woods! Stay out of the woods!' Like a bloody parrot.

A loving, kind parrot. Which I love. But seriously?! I'm 18 soon! I'm not a child. I can take care of my self! She knows that. She knows my history- in fighting anyway.
I was a fighter- In every sense of the word.

"Kat?"

Loveday's gentle voice snapped me out of my internal monolouge. She smiled down at me as I was sitting on my bed, similar to Loveday's only- a little smaller.

"Good morning Loveday!" I beamed.

She laughed, flashing her pearly whites at me happily. Moving away from the bed, she makes her way into the kitchen. But before she gets to the door-

"Lovedaaaayy..?"

"No." She said shortly.

"But-"

"Kat, you know why you can't!" She exclaimed, reading my mind. "They are still out there looking for you."

"Come on! Two years Loveday! It's been TWO YEARS! Thats AGESSS!Besides-" I said smirking. "-need be I could easily beat your brother up."
I wink, taking the cheeky approach.

"He's smarter than you think- Robin. He's much stronger than you too!"

"As if." I scoff. Any brother of Loveday's must be as bird boned as she. Fragile and soft.

"I'm serious." She looked at me as I roll my eyes and let out a long sigh- flopping back on my bed.

I feel like one of her animals. Petted and cared for- only I never got released.

Don't get me wrong- I love living with Loveday, I would have nothing if it wasn't for her. But I'm not some broken toy. I feel like I'm a doll, damages then fixed by a child. Fixed and put back in my box, untouched in the fear of breaking me again.
But I'm not fragile.

What Loveday doesn't know is just how not-fragile I am.

I look up, again breaking from my internal monologue, to see Loveday bumbling around in the kitchen.

"Now, since that's settled." She picked up her green cloak. "I'm off."

"Where?"

"Farmers market across the valley. Don't worry, shouldn't be more than a day." She blew a kiss. I caught it.

Already a plan was forming in my head. I smile sweetly.

"Ok! Travel safe!" I simper and wave her off. She sent me one last smile, leaving the cave.

I listen-

                            ...

           ...          Silence.        ...

                            ...

I go swiftly to my room. Grinning ear to ear.
I throw a simple brown corset over the blouse I'm already wearing. No time to change that.

I give up on my hair, leaving it a thick, red mess and wash my face. Slipping on my old, dark green trousers. I lace my black boots and look in the mirror.  Lining my dark eyes with kohl and tying a single black ribbon round my throat, I smile to myself.

'I'm off.'

🍁🍁🍂🍁🍂🍂🍂🍁🍂🍂🍂🍁🍁

'Two FUCKING YEARS'

I pace my room. It's midday now.

1234
Turn

How could someone hide in the forest for two years?! Where? They must be in the forest, we've checked our village multiple times- to no avail. They must be in the woods. Loveday and the girl.

If she survived, that is.

1234
Turn

Saying she did, Loveday would have undoubtedly cared for her. Who wouldn't? Pretty little girl lost in the woods. Besides, Loveday always was.....soft. She probably took her in. Since there have been no more sightings of the girl since that night- they must live together.
I feel a pang of jealously strike within me.
That little bitch has stopped her coming back to us. She stays now in the forest, to care for a girl. My blood starts to boil- she has taken her from us.

I grab my shirt and throw it over my head, puting on my normal black attire. As I slam my door in anger, I storm down the hall.

Many of the others have given up on my search- don't even think the girl is real.

Many tell stories of a beautiful red-haired spirit that roams the woods. Claiming all innocents and lost souls that enter.

Many say I'm insane. That I am a lost soul.

Many say I will never find Loveday- or the girl.

But Many are wrong-

She is real.
I isn't some bloody spirit.
I am completely sane.

And I'm going to find her.