Preview 3 Fire Dream

A blaze, a fire burning down the walls. It spread only to cause destruction. People stood there; I stood there doing nothing to stop it from continuing, letting it go free. Two people were statues, waiting in the flames letting their bodies turn to ashes. One fell over and was gone from a gust of wind; the other one, with their body all charred, got up and walked further into the flames. The earth had me chained to the floor of the burning building making me watch the other deaths of other people who burned up into puffs of smoke. A man put his hand on my shoulder to relieve the pain of not being able to do anything. He wore a long, black coat that almost past his ankles, and his face was covered by a mask of pure white with blood coming out of the eye sockets. He then threw me down to the dirt and grime of the ashy floor, and I fell through into another place.

The surroundings changed from the house to downtown where skyscrapers were falling and tumbling down on people killing hundreds of thousands. A creature was knocking them down like they were nothing. It was gigantic and forced fear into me. I sprouted wings to get a closer look. It swiped at my body trying to kill me but was much too slow. The closer I got to it, the more it glowed of a bright light. I was face to face to it in a matter of seconds. It spoke with a deep voice. "What do you think you can do to me, little girl?"

Its body started to grow and expand. The creature soon exploded killing more people than the skyscrapers had killed. I was on the cold, hard concrete seeing the destruction unfold before my very eyes.