Ch. 12 Bedeviled Feather

Two days in a row... can't beat that.

~~~

Castiel was in the kitchen making something for Anori to eat when Dean stormed in and headed straight for the pie on the table. "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." he muttered under his breath. Castiel looked up from the sizzling burger to eye Dean, who was now eating the pie directly from the tin not even bothering to cut it into pieces.

"Dean..." Cas started, setting down the spatula. "Sam understands Lucifer, you have to know that especially after-"

"Especially after what, Cas?!" Snapped Dean, mouth full of pie. "After he ruined Sam's life! Cas, Sam should be the one who wants him gone the most, but here he is with open arms." Cas just rolled his eyes and picked up the spatula again, turning his attention back to the burger. "I guess you're on his side too." accused Dean. "HE BLEW YOU UP, CAS! Granted God brought you back, but he blew you up!" Dean smacked his hand on the table in anger causing Castiel to jump slightly. Dean was silent then, fuming in anger with nearly every being in the bunker at the moment. He honestly would have rather been in hell with Crowley.

Cas finished making the burger in silence and then turned to Dean with the plate in his hand. "Dean..." he began softly, "I understand that you do not like it. I do not particularly like it as well. But you know what I do know... I know that he would not be here, with this much civility, if it were not a serious matter regarding his mate. Now, If you'll excuse me." Cas sassed. "I would like to get her the food I promised." Dean watched Castiel leave, a dumbfounded look on his face.

Dean sat in silence for a few more minutes, contemplating more pie but then ultimately deciding against it. He sighed, then picked up the fork he had been using and threw it in the sink, moving the pie into the fridge and then freezing as he turned around and saw the table.

One lone feather sat in the middle, and he knew it was not Lucifer's, for his were snow white... Not black with white and grey splotches.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Four of them now stood around the kitchen table, eyeing the feather that had suddenly appeared. Lucifer was agitated. It was a feather of Anori's, which could only mean one thing; Metatron had been here. Castiel was close enough to feel his wings quiver in anger.

"And you are sure you felt no presence..." Lucifer growled towards Dean. "Nothing at all... it just appeared?"

"Look dick brain, I told you, I put the pie away and when I turned around there it was. No I didn't feel anything. Clearly you didn't either."

Lucifer took a menacing step towards Dean and then backed off, fists clenching at his sides, figuring that he probably should not dismember the oldest Winchester. "You are right." he said, struggling to get the words out, he didn't like to agree with humans... especially this one. "When I find him I swe-"

Michael's appearance startled all of them as he more or less seemed to fall ungracefully on the floor. Sam was closest and he leaned down to help the angel up. "What in Dad's name did you do to this place?" he groaned as Sam stood him upright. "You knew I was going to be coming here Luce. Why didn't you make them wait to put up the warding?"

"Adam?" Sam and Dean asked at the same time.

"Just his body." the angel replied quickly, turning to Lucifer. "Metatron has her wings. Luce he tortured her and threw her from heaven without her grace or wings, she should be dead."

"I know." came his cold voice. "Where is he?"

"Rhode Island" Michael replied. "Harmony, Rhode Island. Ironically. Brother do not go, draw him out. There is far too much resistance, even for us." He looked around the room then, "Why are you all in the kitchen? Where is Anori?"

"Sleeping." replied Dean coldly, he would still rather be in hell with Crowley not here with the apocalypse twins. "Someone did that." he nodded at the feather and Michael looked from it to his fuming brother.

"Michael." Sam started, hoping to alleviate some of the tension, "You said something about waiting for us to put up warding, we have not touched the warding since we first put it up. Lucifer had no trouble getting in."

"It was warding specific to archangels." He replied. "Whoever put it up didn't want one of us getting in."

"Metatron." Lucifer answered bluntly and turned to the doorway, "Excuse me, Anori is calling." he turned and walked out of the room and returned mere seconds later with Anori. Her eyes wrinkled in confusion when she saw her feather on the table. Lucifer sensed this and set her down, watching her walk over in curiosity.

She reached out to run her fingers across the feather then stopped just before touching it, seeming afraid. "He caused me so much pain." she winced, even though Lucifer had healed her injuries. "Who brought this here?' she yelled softly, eyes watering slightly as she grabbed the feather, holding it in a fist at the boys before her. "Who?" she asked again, softer this time feeling something overcome her body. "Wh..." she tried asking again, but couldn't get the word out. Again her world went black and she was falling.

She could hear the boys yelling for her to wake up. Lucifer was cradling her body then, begging her to open her eyes and screaming at the others to get away. He was in protection mode. Their pleas continued, but she was lost to their words then for she heard an all to familiar voice taunting her.

"I'm glad I've found you. Welcome to the beginning... enjoy the misery. I will see you at the end, dear Eve." Those were the last words she heard before convulsing in Lucifers arms. A violent scream erupting from her mouth before dropping limp in her mates arms.

~~~~~~~

Let me know your thoughts, guys. :)