Ch. 11 The Beginning of the End

It has finally arrived. Enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Metatron sat at his desk, hands clasped together in front of his pursed lips, deep in thought. He was still in disbelief over Michael's words about the girl surviving the fall. The door to the office opened with a slight creak and Gadreel entered cautiously, unaware on why he was summoned by the scribe of God.

"Shut the door and sit down," Metatron growled at the angel. Gadreel quickly followed his instructions and waited in the chair for further instructions. Metatron leaned forward, "You remember the girl," he smiled evilly then continued, "Eve... Anori, the angel I saved to fall last?"

Gadreel nodded, watching Metatron tent his fingers in thought. "Yes, Sir, I do. Although I do not understand why you have summoned me here."

The scribes eyes focused on the angel before him and then squinted. "Supposedly she survived the fall that was supposed to kill her, she was nearly graceless and clearly she doesn't have her wings," ,he paused, "And guess where she is now?" Gadreel had opened his mouth to answer but he was cut off by Metatron screaming. "With those damned Winchesters!" He continued muttering incoherently under his breath. Gadreel just waited for him to finish for he knew not to interrupt the man. Suddenly the ramblings stopped and Metatrons head snapped up, the anger radiating off of him. "And Michael, prissy bitch that he is, tells me that not only has he got out of the cage somehow, but big brother as well... DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW BAD THIS IS?!" the walls shook with the force of his scream.

"I was under the assumption that the cage was unbreakable?" Gadreel questioned, "How did they both manage to escape?"

Metatron shrugged angrily, "I don't know... but when you find out, I will be putting them through worse than Hell..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So they're just "Better" now!" Dean screamed at Sam. "He's your worst fucking nightmare, and you just want him to stay here?!"

"There is clearly something bigger going on here, Dean." Sam snapped back in a hushed tone, not that it helped the Angels not hear him. "If Lucifer wants Metatron dead even more than we do... there has to be something that we are missing. Something bigger than just us, than Cas and Crowley."

Dean glared at his younger brother before huffing out a breath and walking away towards the kitchen. Sam rolled his eyes and began walking towards the living room, hoping Dean would get over this and see what he saw. He felt the rush of wings as an angel appeared next to him, walking in step with him. He knew who it was without looking. "Yes?" he asked the blond man next to him, stopping when something encased him and stopped him in his tracks. Sam turned to the angel and met his teary grey eyes.

"Thank you." Lucifer whispered. "Thank you for saving her." Sam was at a loss for words, he was not expecting this from the Angel that had possessed him and tried to end the world. And with that, Sam was freed and Lucifer gone. Sam heard his voice in the living room and knew that he was talking with Anori again.