Chapter 9

A.N.- I have some good news and some not so good news. The bad news...the next chapter has been lost. I wrote this story over so many times in so many different documents that I must have deleted the original copy that holds the next chapter and its probably the most important out of all of them. The good news...most of the chapter is still fresh in my memory so I will just have to rewrite it as best as I can. So hopefully it will be up in a few days. *fingers crossed* Also its my birthday! Yay! 

Chapter Nine

As I regain consciousness, I feel stronger and hyperactive as if I have taken an extra dose of amphetamines or something. Suddenly I hear buzz noises. I look to my right and my left and see nothing there. I expect to see a little black and yellow bee flying around my head but still nothing and it becomes louder the more I notice its sound. Then I hear a bunch of crawling noises. It sounds like when mice crawl around on the floor. I sit up expecting to see mice but again there is nothing there.

Then I hear loud footsteps coming towards the room. I sit up more alert now as the door opens and Phelony prances into the room.

When she sees me sitting up she is taken aback. "I hope I didn't wake you."

"No you didn't," I say and suddenly hear the buzz noise in my ear. I smack myself and Phelony looks at me, alarmed. "You cannot hear that?" I ask her.

"Hear what?" She says looking at me like I have lost it.

Have I lost it?

"Your senses are heightened is all," answers Hades. He comes in the room and stands beside my bed. I notice he isn't as tall and mighty as I thought he had been and yet he is more alluring than ever before.

"Drink this." He says, pouring a soft warm drink down my throat before I can protest. It tastes a lot like wine. "This will keep you sane and control your powers."

I shake my head, getting up and moving away from them both.

"I can't be a...a...an angel or goddess or whatever it is you think I am. I was supposed to be just a normal girl. That's all I ever wanted to be."

"Being mortal is beneath you." Hades spat.

"I'm sorry but I must leave." I start towards the door. Now that I'm an immortal he can't compel me anymore or at least I hope so.

"You cannot leave, not even if you wanted to," he says blocking my way through.

"What do you mean?"

"The moment your lips touched my cup, you were bound. It is a golden rule that once an angel drinks or eats anything in any dominion they are bound there for an eternity," he says and I look in his eyes to see if there is any deception but he looks as if he is telling the truth. I look towards Phelony to see if what he is saying is true and she nods.

"You lied to me." I shriek.

"I didn't lie. I just simply left that minor detail out. It's a difference."

"Well I will never marry you or be your queen and you can not compel me can you or else you wouldn't have lied about the drinking and eating thing?" I say.

He didn't speak. For once I had the upper hand. "Your plan was all for nothing. Either way I will never be yours."

His eyes look up at me in anger. I had him right where I wanted him now and he knew it. "I am taking a hiatus from the underworld. I've had enough of your cheekiness. When I return you will marry me or someone you care for deeply that is human will have an unexpected visit across my list."