Chapter 37: The Beginning of the End

The hallway faded in and out. Her senses tried to make what little they could of the situation. She felt her feet drag up steps, blackness fading in and out. She lost control of her head and it fell backwards. The same hooded figure that hit her loomed above her now. Nico could only make out a few details from beneath her darkened visage before her senses blacked out again. The figure had a distinct smell of flowers.

She came to, her consciousness returning slowly but surely. Sounds filled her ears, becoming less and less filtered by the moment. Soon Nico became able to differentiate between multiple voices resonating around her. She could make out what they were saying.

“Looks like she’s conscious, ladies,” said a low, gritty voice.

Her vision cleared up, although her right eye felt swollen and still hard to see through. Three hooded figures stood in front of her, gazing down with maniacal, evil looks, grins spread across their face like hungry sharks in front of an innocent, bleeding fish.

She sat upright in a hospital chair, rope binding her wrists, feet, and body bound to it. She gagged on a sock stuffed into her mouth, tape shut over it. The dark sky rumbled above her head, and all of a sudden she realized she was outside, sitting on the roof of the hospital with these three dangerous abductors.

“I figured she’d be out for a little longer considering the shiner you left on her face, Jin,” said a familiarly sweet sound, “But it doesn’t matter, you can help her get up to speed as I finish the seal.”

The name Jin struck her as familiar, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on who that was… The one hooded figure with the sweet voice picked up a bloody, broken bone with black hair attached to the end of it and dipped it into a bucket. When she pulled it out, it dripped wet with something red and foul smelling. She then proceeded to take the bone and paint the ground around her in a circle.

The one referred to as Jin held a large gun in her hands, surely the one used to knock her out. “I’ll be sure to thank little Blake for bringing his weaponry to the village. It proved quite convenient.” She walked up to Nico, her devious grin showing through the shadow of her hood. “Perhaps you have something to say… Nico?”

Nico’s eyes widened after taking a better look underneath the hood of her abductor. The face staring down at her was the very same face that belonged to the woman whose classes she had been attending. The very same one that always slammed the desk whenever she fell asleep. Her history teacher, Miss Jin.

“Good, you’ve recognized me now,” she said with a snicker, “I was worried you never actually paid any attention during my lectures. Not that it matters at this point.” She pulled off her hood to show Nico her face a little better. The wrinkles, more and more defined as she showed off her old, spotty teeth with her wide smirks. She adjusted her glasses and reached out for the tape on Nico’s face.

“If you have anything to say, now would be the best time to say it.” She ripped the tape off of her face and yanked the sock out of her mouth. Nico coughed and hacked after feeling the thick yarn violently wrenched out from so far back into her throat.

Help! Elliot! Someone! Help me!” Nico screamed as loud as she possibly could the moment the sock came out of her mouth. “I’m on the roof! I need help! Please!”

The three laughed hysterically. “Help!” Miss Jin mocked, “Someone rescue me!” She placed her hand over her forehead overdramatically and pretended to faint. Then she proceeded to stuff the sock back into  Nico’s mouth while she screamed. “What a waste of your final words. No one can hear you up here. All the residents are asleep in a pile of blood and guts down in the basement.”