Twenty Six

Evelyn

"I can't breathe," Caleb said, a smile on his adorable-looking face. He was just too much for me and too much wasn't a bad thing. He had his hand against his bare chest, his eyes on me. "You will kill me one day babe. Making love to you is hazardous and I mean it in a good way. You've got the perfect move and you're delicious."

I laughed and loved it when he took out the strand of hair from my face. He kissed me deeply and whispered I love you. I whispered those words as well. "I think you shouldn't go home today," I said. "It is the weekend so please spend it with me." Going back home to his angry mother would make him ill.

"Of course my love. I'll spend it with you. You know I love spending my time with my favorite girl."

"Awe that's so sweet Caleb."

He kissed the top of my forehead. "Just remember one thing, baby. Caleb loves you and he can't wait to spend the rest of his life with you."

"I do not want anything to change between us when we are in college. You might meet someone new and forget about your sweet Evelyn."

"I won't ever." He chuckled. "Not in a zillion years. You're my everything. What about you baby girl?"

"I won't ever."

His eyes shone brightly as he looked at me. I was melting on the inside. "You're a crazy girl."

"I'm not crazy."

"You can be crazy sometimes." I was so happy to be in love with Caleb. "I'm glad you're with me. And nothing can change that. We are in this together, Eve. You and me versus the world." He held onto my hand for a long time before letting it go. "Are you hungry? It is time for breakfast."

"I think we need to take a shower first," I said. "We are messy."

"And I think we need to change the sheets after breakfast." He bit the corner of his rosy lips. "It's also messy."

I laughed. "You should help me with the laundry, sweet boy."

"Of course my love."

Caleb and I took a shower together before getting ready for breakfast. My sister and Luke were in the kitchen and they were eating their favorite cereal. Jane finished hers and left the kitchen which was good because Luke and Caleb were being bad.

Luke had a porno magazine in his hand and was showing it to Caleb. "That's a huge pussy," Caleb said. Eww, disgusting. I expected Caleb to say something like that. Why? He was a naughty boy. "It got fucked a lot."

Luke laughed. "I want to bang that one. What about you man?"

"Excuse me? He is taken," I said loudly. "Caleb is my man," I emphasized.

"I know sis. I know he is your man. Can a man have some fun?" Luke said after an eye roll. "He can pretend he is single for now. So Caleb, which one would you bang?"

Caleb looked at me closely and got on a half-smile. "You're making my girl angry. Maybe you should put that book away bro. Please do that for us."

Luke looked at me in anger. "Taken girls always spoil the mood. Dude you and I need to have a guy's night out. Girlfriends are not invited." He turned over the magazine and finished up his breakfast. I watched as he gave Caleb a bro hug before leaving the kitchen.

"Babe I think jealously isn't an option."

"I have to say, yes. I don't want you talking about those girls." I took a sip from my tea. "I'm the only girl in your life, Caleb. I'm pregnant with your child and you're supposed to be serious about us."

"You're crazy again. Come here." He tapped his thigh so I could sit down on him. I took a deep breath, letting that anger disappear, and sat down on his thighs. "Don't be too jealous. Relax."

"I'm sorry."

"No. It's okay. I expected that from you. You're batshit crazy."

"Really?"

Caleb chuckled. "Yes. You're always jealous, my love. You need to calm down on the craziness."

~~~

Caleb left my house an hour later. He wanted to do something back home. Going back to his house for whatever reason was so stupid. His parents were probably home, waiting on him. What made it worse was this. I called and texted him and he never responded. I was so confused. What the hell was going on with Caleb? I got fed up with calling and decided to take a nap.

"Hey," a soothing voice said beside my ear sometime later. "Sorry, I had to buy a new phone. My phone cracked." I turned around and saw him behind me, a new phone with a different case in his hand.

"What happened?"

"Nothing," he said. Something happened with him and his parents and I was not an idiot for thinking that. I kissed him softly, the broken cell phone still on my mind. He moved his fingers through my hair, while the French kiss went on. I didn't want this beautiful moment to end. Never.

And then I took my lips off his, ending the spell.

"Caleb, what the hell happened?"