Two

Evelyn

Work it, girl! F the problems! You finally got a man.

I had on shorts and an athletic blouse while I danced to the pop music that was playing from my Bluetooth speaker. Sexy me was dancing away. Goodness, I loved this.

My temporary excitement was taking the best of me and this was the cause. Richard, the boy I had a crush on was dating me and it was the most beautiful thing ever. He made me feel good and I was glad this was happening. I knew my happiness wouldn't last for a long time. I had a crazy family life. Enjoying this while it lasted was the only thing to do.

My sister came inside my bedroom, distracting me. "Girl, I haven't seen you like this for a long time. You're happy," she said. I was happy for now. The bruises on my fragile skin told a different story. Only happy for now.

"I guessed."

She nodded. "Who is the guy?"

"Nobody."

"Hmm, Richard?" And she started singing that K.I.S.S.I.N.G song.

Evelyn and Richard sitting in the tree
K.I.S.S.I.N.G!
First comes love.
Then comes marriage.
Then comes baby in the baby carriage,
Sucking his thumb,
Wetting his pants,
Doing the hula, hula dance!

I ran behind her trying to stop her from singing that song. And I finally met up with her.

Jane smiled. She was fourteen, four years younger than me, and would sometimes pretend to be a big sister. She had no business in my love life. "Girl stop it okay."

She shrugged. "I won't bother you." And I felt better when she left my room. That kissing song was too annoying anyway.

I stopped dancing and went to my bed to send Richard a text message. He never texted back so I gave him a call. Sometime later, he was inside my bedroom.

He was present because my abusive mother wasn't present. She went shopping with my dad and would be there later. My sister on the other hand was inside her room doing something.

"Let us kiss," Richard said. He brought me to him and kissed me away. I couldn't stop kissing his sweet ebony lips. His dark brown skin was very smooth as I touched his face. I pulled him down and we collapsed on the bed to continue our kissing.

He pushed his hand down my pants without my permission. "Don't," I said.

"You're not ready."

"What?"

"You're not ready for me so I have to get going." He kissed me and walked out of the bedroom. I never stopped him. He had been this way with me for two days. The thought that I was not doing things with him bothered him. We just started dating and he should realize that I wanted to wait. I was a virgin and couldn't afford to do this with the wrong person.

Because of this lonely feeling, I went outside to take out random pics around the apartment complex. I lived in Lake House Apartments, located in Miami Lakes. It was a suburb that had numerous shopping centers and wonderful recreational parks. I loved being there and would never sacrifice anything to be somewhere different. The only thing I wanted different was my family life.

"Hey," a familiar voice said behind me. I turned around and found out it was Richard, my foolish crush. He never left the building. "I'm sorry for treating you this way," he said, depressingly. "I wished I could make it up to you."

"It's fine." I turned off my camera and placed it inside its bag.

"Can we do something productive today?" Richard said suddenly, breaking the silence of my world. My 5 ft figure stood straight. I was part of the 5 ft club, I guess.