Chapter 4

Special thanks to RandonnessGraves for giving me the perfect title for the story. As a thank you she is part of the story now! :D

             The Mysterious Traveler

       "Are we there yet?" I asked as if whinning to both of them. "No! Now stop asking before i leave you in a ditch!" Shizen yelled not even looking at me. "Jebus woman calm down! Its just been a while since i last ate, and im starving!" I said holding my hands to my stomach and looking down at them. "Well you should have thought about that before you ate a whole day's worth of food!" She yelled looking back at me with a fierce look in her eyes that scared the hunger out of me. "Oh look at that... Hehe.. I'm not hungry anymore." I said scratching the back of my head. 

       Two sets of eyes appear in the darkness of the woods one set much higher than the other. "Look there they are! Should we attack them now?" Came a soft whisper from the smallest set. "Not yet.. Lets wait till night..." Came a voice much deeper than the last.

      We stopped and i took a deep bread of air. "Okay i think we should camp here or somewhere close to the road." Said Shizen sounding exhausted. "Good idea." Alice said after being quiet the whole walk. "I'm going to find something to eat. I hear a river nearby.." I said and walk away towards the source of the sound finding a river traveling west towards the end of the island and out into the empty voids. I followed the river east and found a lake. "Better place than any to find some kind of peace." I said to myself as i threw my shirt off of me and onto a branch then dive in. I felt a sharp stinging in my eyes and i closed them coming out for air, when i opened them again they had changed to a pale blue. I dived in again and saw everything as if in clear daylight, in the middle of the lake there were orange scaled fishes with jet-black whiskers, wings tucked against its side, and a long thin body the size of an elve's arm. I swim back up for air. "Hmm.. Dragon-fish.. That will be a good meal... It will fill me for a few hours only though." I say to myself and go under swimming towards the fish.

     I slowly swim closer to the fish and try to get closer, hearing a loud shreak from it i draw my sword and swing at it missing entirely. I pushed my hand forward and grabed onto its tail. Feeling it tug me along through the water closer to shore.

     I arrived back in camp my shirt in one hand the fish in the other hanging by the tail. "Well i have my food." I said happily and sat next to the campfire. "How did u manage to catch that?" Asked Shizen amazed that someone could find one. "What do you mean?" I asked looking at her confused. "There was a group of over 100 in that lake i was in." I said to her still very confused.

     "Now is as good a time as any to attack them." Said the smallest of the two shades getting out of the shadows and letting the moonlight hit them revealing 2 creatures wearing heavy dark armor and walking towards the camp.

      "Now you will die!" They shouted simultaneously jumping at us. "What the..." I jumped back startled and drop the fish on my shirt. "Dammit i have to clean my shirt now!" I said whinning at them as they landed not hitting anyone. "Orcs!" Shizen said jumping back and grabbing a dagger from her bag. "We are mercenaries from the Rabid Exile clan to the north-west. We were hired to murder you Juste!" With that they both moved to attack me but stopped as if in a state of shock then collapsed onto the ground face-first. Revealing two arrows inbedded into their backs. I looked at Shizen expecting her to have her bow drawn. "Dont look at me... My bow is in the tent i couldnt reach it if i tried, at least not without someone having gotten hurt." She said looking at me. A darkened character walked to their corpses and sank onto one knee grabbing the arrows he looked up at us revealing his silver hair. "I am Silver... That is all you will need to know for now..." The dark character didnt allow anyone else to see whether it was a male or a female, a dark cloud grew from the ground lifting slowly then dissipating revealing that neither the character or the corpses were there.

         "And.. Who the hell was that?!" I yelled at Shizen still astonished by what just happened. "You expect me to know?!" She yelled back at me. "Well... You are the only one here that could possibly make any guardians..." I said in a softer tone. "How could i possibly make any guardians i have no need for any!?" She yelled at me. "No, no you misunderstood! I meant people that are trying to get your bow from you as the last bandit did." I said in a normal tone. "That bandit was nothing!" She yelled at me. "Whatever we need to get some sleep before tomorrow... I'll take first watch." I said to Shizen. "Okay. I'll get some sleep." She said almost in a whisper as she layed back onto the floor. I looked around and saw the big tree where the creatures had hid from us. "Hm... The tree is pretty big i could see better from there... But imma need something to fly me up there or i'm going to tire myself out very fast..." I said to myself and looked around. "Nothing... Guess i need to climb." I said and looked up. I climb up the tree stepping on every branch that wouldnt break. I went to the largest branch i saw and sat on it watching the camps' surroundings. 

        "Absolutely nothing moving tonight... Feels a bit wrong." I say as i look around watching the the sky for an aerial attack, and the ground for any type of movement. "Theres nothing here i should head back to the..." I think to myself getting interrupted by the sound of the wind picking up. "Hm... Yea i should head back, daylight is coming out already." I think and jump off the tree landing on my feet. "Ouch!" I say then lose my balance as my foot gives way and fall on my face. "Dammit!" I get up and slowly limp back to the camp.

         When I reach the camp the fire had died down into a small ember, everyone was still asleep, and i had taken all night just watching not noticing the sun already dawning. "Hey guys get up its time to move! Were still not there yet and we need to get there!" I shout at all of them. They all groan simultaneously as i laugh at them all. "Come on already im still wide awake! You guys should be awake by now!" I laugh at them as they all get up. "Shut your face already you little bastard!" Shouted Shizen pissed off at the rude awakening. "How about you just get the hell up and i wouldn't have to shout this much." I say calmly and innocently. "Well good morning to both of you." Alice said yawning softly. "Oh.. Hi Alice." I say noticing she was awake already. "Hi." She said looking at me and smiling.