Chapter 3

Nature's Plead

             Another scream for help interrupts our kiss. "Sit here ill be back." I say moving away from Alice. Her face was bright red from our kiss. "Okay.. Don't get hurt..." She says as she sits down on the ground.

             I walk into the cave slowly and I look around, seeing no source of light. Suddenly a burst of light rushes out of the ground as I step on a pressure plate. I jump back as the light fades.

         I step on it again and survey the room seeing a body on the floor at the end of the corridor. I run towards it and turn it face up revealing a blonde girl wearing a dark green leather top and bottom. I pick her body up and carry her to the other end of the corridor.

          Sitting her leaned against the wall. "Where are your injuries?" I ask her softly. "My... My arms and my... My chest." She said too weak to blush. "My... My bow I need my bow..." She said. "I'll get you it but rest." I tell her as I pull her sleeve up revealing a huge wound going down her hand. I bandage it and leave her sitting there not wanting to have to invade her privacy.

                 As I got up she repeated. "My bow I need my bow..." "I'm going to find it for you don't worry." I go back to where I found her and find a hallway going down. I went down the hallway and I found a bow and a quiver of arrows around a pool of blood. I grabbed it and kept walking, following the blood to where I found a cavern.

           The only source of light was a hole on the top of the cave which was shaded by a tree which stopped most of the light letting only bits of it in. I look to the center under the light stood a hooded man, he held in his hand a bow which on each end of it had shards, both emanated a small weak light.

          "Hey! So you're the one she sent in here after her bow?" The man called out at me drawing an arrow from the quiver on his back. The arrow had the same shard which emanated light from the tip of it as if aiming at the target. "Well, this wont be as hard as i expected." He said as he lowered his hood revealing his dark purple eyes. His fierce gaze hit me dead on making me stagger backwards against the wall. 

         "Yes. I am the one whose come after that bow." I said back at the man as my eye color changed to a peach color as the man shot the arrow aimed straight at my heart. I dodged as if by instinct drew my sword and cut the arrow in half. I ran down at the man avoiding his arrows and hiding behind a rock. I looked outside at him and jumped on top of the rock then onto of him knocking him down onto the floor as he dropped the bow. I tightened my grip on the sword and stabbed the ground with it. "I'll be taking these." I said taking the bow and his quiver of arrows. "And you wont die today." I said looking at him with pity. I got off of him pulled him up and tied him up.

             I walked back up to the entrance to see the girl had fainted from blood loss, i carried her back outside to Alice. "Take care of her wounds, shes got some on her chest." I said looking at Alice. "I am going to see if i can get us anything to eat back in town." I said as i walked back in the direction of town. 

              When i got to town news had gotten around about what had happened to the bartender and his tiger. "I'll go check out the food market..." I said to myself trying to avoid the cluster of people surrounding the inn. I looked around the town but found no food market, so i went to the second and last inn. "Can i buy 10 apples and some cooked venison please?" I asked the inn keeper who hadnt noticed me enter yet. "Huh..? Oh yea sure." He said as he looked at me. Then he walked to the back of the inn.

            He came back a bit later and handed me a bag of apples and a huge slice of venison. I smiled at him and handed him a small bag filled with coins. "Thanks. Thats 154 golden coins." I said as I got up and started walking to the door. "No problem. Come again!" He said smiling. When I got outside, I saw the crowd of people had dispersed. I went back to the cave entrance and i sat next to Alice who had been tending to the mystery girl while i was gone.

              "How is she?" I asked her as i sat down. "Shes getting better but she needs to get these clothes off their blood stained and they have dust and shards of rocks on them so it will get infected if we dont." She said looking at me concerned about the new girl.

                I gave her a concerned half-smile. "O-okay i'll get some new clothes for her." I said to Alice. As i turned around i heard the mysterious girl call out to me. "My... My bow... Did you... Did you get my bow..." She said stuttering at times. "Yes, ill give you it when you get be.." I said getting interrupted by her. "Give me.. Give me it... It will heal.. Heal me..." She held out her hand at me. "How could it heal you?" I asked her confused and handing it to her. As she grabbed the bow and i set the arrows next to her she softly chanted "Yumiya... Yumiya..." As she said it the second time her eyes stared blankly into space. She awoke two minutes later and as she sighed her wounds all disappeared. "How the..." I say looking at her unwrap the bandages and stand up.

                  "Oh... Hi there..." She said looking at Alice. "Hi.. How did your wounds heal so quickly?" Alice asked surprised at her recovery speed. "Oh... Yumiya's spirit heals all who are deemed worthy." She said looking straight at Alice. "And how does it deem people worthy?" I said making her jump. "It gives the person a random challenge. Mine was a faith challenge. I'll spare you the details." she said looking away. "How could I re-pay you?" She said looking at Alice. "Actually it was him who got your bow... And it was him who carried you out of the cave and cleaned one of your wounds." Alice said to her. "Oh. Then what could I do to re-pay you?" She said looking at me. "All i've really been wondering is your name." I said to her and laughed. "Shizen.... Nature." She said to me looking away. "Well i'll be off now. I'll see you around." She said walking away. "Wait, where are you headed?" I yelled and ran after her. "I'm headed to the village of Hatzun." She said to me. "Mind if we accompany you?" I said to her. "Nope just don't lag behind." She said to me in a stern manner. "Come on!" I called out to Alice seeing her catch up to us. 

Silver KnightOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara