Chapter 38

[OMG I FINALLY FOUND A PUNK LOUIS GIF *O*]

I was going to college when the tears began to fall uncontrollably. I couldn’t believe what he had done to me. I had believed that he loved me, I had it given myself to him... no, to a lie. A lie that he had created for his own benefit, so he could make money. My mother was right, he did not love me, and we’d have no future. I was so wrong.

The sound of a car slowing down sounded right next to me when I was about to reach the university. I looked and saw Louis peeking through the car window. I wiped my tears quickly and clumsily. I don’t want him to see me like this, I don’t want him to know that he was able to do this to me.

“Emily.”

“Don’t-Don’t talk to me, Louis.”

“Emily let me explain.” He said, riding his car always beside me.

“Explain what? The fact that you were with me only because of money?” I asked sarcastically

“Yes... I mean, no.” He sighed in frustration and I went to the university while he was parking the car in parking lot of the university and ran to me immediately. “Emily.” He called when he finally reached me and I just ignored him, then he grabbed my arm and pulled me against his chest.

“Get off me!” I said struggling against him.

“No. I 'm not gonna let you get away while I don’t explain the whole story.”

“I don’t wanna hear, I’ve heard enough.”

“No, the problem is that you didn’t hear everything. Emily, I lo-“

“Stop!” I cut him and he looked at me surprised. “People should only say “I love you” when they really mean it and not because it looks good or for pure interest. When you say that, it has no meaning!”

I pushed him and ran to the dorm, leaving some people who were in the corridors looking at me. When I got in the dorm I took a deep breath, trying to stay calm. Kahlan came to me right away with a look of concern stamped on her face.

“What happened?”

“Nothing.” I lied, I didn’t want to be judged at all on that moment.

“I don’t believe you, but if you say so.” She shrugged and I smiled. “I have to leave anyway, so.” She said with a grin.

“Where are you going?”

“I have a date with Mike.”

“Mike from the football team?”

“Yes”

“Hmm...”

“I know, he’s perfect.”

“At least you’re lucky, apparently.” I let out.

“Problems with Louis again?”

“Yes.” I admitted.

“You know what I think.”

“Yes.” I sighed.

“See you later.”

“Good luck.”

As she left the dorm, I let myself fall on the bed. Discussing with Louis made ​​me feel that I had been run over by a herd of elephants. I was exhausted and I just wanted to curl up in bed and cry, cry till I forget him and get up the next day as if he had never existed. But I knew that it wasn’t possible and that tomorrow the pain will be bigger, because I love him more than anything and one sided love hurts. A lot.