Chapter Thirty Two

Unedited

Chapter Thirty Two - "A rat pedophile, that must be a new one."

I'm on the floor, with Elinor and Maya on either side of me.

"What happened?" I ask.

"You tell us," says Hermione, who I can't see. "All we know is that you, Harry, Black and Lupin all collapsed."

"And Scabbers," says Ron, "he's just stopped moving. I don't think he's dead, though. At least, I'm pretty sure."

I suddenly remember everything, and sit up quickly.

I'm Harry's sister ....

I run a hand through my hair to find it longer than before. I look at it and gasp.

"It turned black just before you woke up," Maya says, "you're eyes have changed too. They're green now."

I get to my feet, just as Harry, Lupin and Black all jerk awake.

"Did you all see that?" I ask, and Harry nods.

"You're my sister?" Harry says.

"WHAT?" Hermione, Ron, Maya and Elinor yell.

I quickly explain everything that we'd seen as Lupin and Black get to their feet.

"But I don't understand," says Elinor, "why did you only just remember?"

"I removed all her memories," says Lupin quietly, and we look at him. "Dumbledore thought it would be safer, until it was time to tell you."

I stare at him for a moment before speaking. "You're my godfather."

"Yes," he says, looking guilty and ashamed. "I wanted to tell you but I cou-"

He's cut off by me wrapping my arms around him.

"It's okay," I smile, and let him go.

"Everyone that knew about you, will now remember," Lupin says, "we could remove the memories from everyone, so we hid them instead.

"That's some spell," I laugh.

"So your Harry's sister," Ron shakes his head as if trying to get his head around the idea.

"Yup, Emily Alice Potter."

"Alice, is after your mother's friend and your godmother, Alice Longbottom."

"Neville's mum," I say quietly, thinking back to the summer when I had met her in Saint Mungo's.

"But you're an elemental, Emily," says Hermione, clapping her hands together. "That must be so exciting. I've read all about them, it's a very rare gift. You're extremely lucky."

"You tell me that after I've learnt to control it," I laugh. "I'm guessing the spell suppressed my elemental magic."

"It did," says Lupin, smiling at me. "But you should be able to use it soon. With time and lessons, you'll be able to use it to the full ability whenever you want to."