Chapter 12

November 25, 1960
Jack & Jackie's Home in Georgetown

1:26 am
   "Jackie, Jackie!? Are you alright?" Jack asked her. She was tossing and turning terribly and that woke Jack up. He was extremely careful because the baby was due anytime.
   "Yes dear. I just can't seem to get comfortable." Jackie replied.
   "Let me know if you need something."
   "I will." Jackie tried to reassure Jack. She finally got comfortable and fell back asleep.

3:45am
"You alright?" Jack asked as he woke up to Jackie getting out of bed.
"Yes Jack. I have to pee. Do you have a problem with that?" Jackie replied rather angrily.
"Okay. Sorry. I'll leave you alone." Jack rolled over and went back to sleep, or tried to. He felt her get back into bed. She tossed and turned some more but Jack let her be.

5:15am
   Jack had finally fallen asleep. He felt Jackie get up this time but chose not to say anything. He faced away from her wide awake. Jackie came back and got into bed.
   30 minutes later, Jackie got up again. Jack noticed she got up but he continued to lay quietly. Jackie came back and woke Jack up this time.
"Hey, Jack?"
"Yeah baby?"
"I think it's time to go."
"To the hospital?"
"Yes."
Not a second went by and Jack was up getting dressed and getting his bag. He was a basket case. Running this way and that, he didn't know what to do.
"Jack, calm down," Jackie scolded him. "Go wake Mrs. Shaw and tell her what is going on."
"Ok I'll be fast. Anything else?"
"Nope."
Jack went to Mrs. Shaw's room. She was Caroline's Nanny. Jack knocked on the door.
"Come in."
"Hi, sorry to bother you."
"Oh no worries. Can I do something?"
"Um yeah. Watch Caroline. I'm taking Jackie to the hospital. I think the baby is coming."
"Of course. If you need anything let me know. Give me a call when it's here."
"Will do. Thank you Maud."
"You're very welcome. Good luck."
"Thank you."
Jack walked back into him and Jackie's room.
"Alright let's go if you're ready."
"Let's go." Jackie said as she got up. "Ohhhhhh." She groaned and sat down on the bed. "Let's go now." Said Jackie after sitting for a moment. Jack carried their bags and helped Jackie out to the car. It was a crazy ride to the hospital. Jackie's contractions were getting closer and closer together.
"Let me run in to get a wheelchair." Jack told her as they pulled up to Georgetown University Hospital.
"No, I'm walking in! They can't see me like this." Jackie snapped.
"No one will care."
"Yes they will!"
"Okay then" Jack mumbled. They walked into the hospital. Jack walked up to the desk. The Secret Service had followed close by.
   "Mr. President-elect, how may I help you sir?" the receptionist asked.
   "My wife is going into labor." he tried to say in a calm tone. "I'm not trying to be rude but I'm really stressed."
   "No problem, sir. I'll get help, just a moment."
   Jack had Jackie sit down in a chair. A nurse came with a wheelchair very quickly. They took Jackie up to the maternity ward. There wasn't time to do anything. Baby Kennedy was coming. Jack waited in the hallway. He was pacing. A nurse offered him a chair but he wouldn't take it. All he could think about was Arabella and how he hoped this baby would be okay.
   About an hour and a half later, the doctor came out.
   "Mr. Kennedy-" Jack cut him off.
   "Please call me Jack."
   "Ok, Jack, I'm pleased to tell you that Mrs. Kennedy gave birth to a healthy baby boy."
   Jack's face lit up. He shook the doctor's hand,
   "Thank you very much, sir. Can I see her?"
   "Of course, right this way." They walked to Jackie's room.
   "Bunny! Do you know?" Jackie greeted him.
   "Sure do."
   "Well, what is it?"
   "We have a son!" Jack hustled out of the room and into the nursery. He politely demanded for the nurse to give him his son. He carried him back into Jackie's room.
   "He's definitely a Kennedy." Jackie said as Jack sat down with Baby Kennedy beside her.
   "What should we name him?" Jack asked.
   "John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr. Since Caroline was named after me, one of our children should be named after you."
   "It's perfect."

   Jack called Mrs. Shaw and she brought Caroline to the hospital. Caroline absolutely fell in love with John-John as she called him.
   "John-John. I like that, Buttons." Jack stated.
   Jack called the rest of the family and told them about John-John. They were all elated. Luckily, they would see him in three days in Hyannis for Caroline's birthday; there was no way Jackie wouldn't have her party like it was planned.