December- Part 2

I have so much to tell you.

A couple of nights after my last entry Draco and I shared our first kiss.

"What are you afraid of?" He challenged, "Where's that fearsome snake of a girl that I..." He trailed off. I've been analyzing that sentence in my head ever since. Does he truly love me more than I thought?

"We can't go back," I told him. As he was lying on top of me I could feel the weight of my own words above me. He was so close...I was so close to gripping my future, and I found I didn't want it.

I don't want to be used as one of his sluts. I've kept myself so close to him for so long to prevent myself from getting hurt by the man I love most in the world.

He said, "I don't care." He doesn't care that he's altered our friendship forever. As he took me back to the common room, I was the happiest girl in the world. Yet when we parted, I put my finger to my lips, hoping he'd tell no one.

Why would I do that? The boy of my dreams kissed me and I wanted to keep it perfectly silent? Any normal person would wonder why, but I have my reasons.

Yet the next day, our friendship was as strong as ever. As we went throughout our lessons for the next week; we smirked more, laughed more, bickered more. Every night our routine stayed the same, and we did not kiss again. Draco and I did not mention what had happened to anyone, and I was fine with that.

On the last night of term, we had another party in the Slytherin common room. Yet again Kayla and Draco ended up snogging. This time it was not just a peck, or a gentle exploration. This was a full out hot make out, and all of us in attendance were subjected to the show. Frankie rolled her eyes as she glanced at me, and Maeve clenched her jaw together.

I smiled.

On the train home the next day, Kayla had a run in with Charlotte. I was there of course, but I was too murderous to say anything. Charlotte is simply infuriating. I was shaking mad when we all went back to the Slytherin compartments.

And then Draco took my hand under the cover of his jacket, and I was calm.

We arrived at King's Cross and Draco and I greeted our parents. Finally, my parents were in my grasp. My mum's lip trembled as I hugged her tightly. I didn't want to let go but my daddy was standing behind her. Tears pooled in my eyes as I buried my head in his soft sweater. His arms wrapped around me as he stroked my hair. My little brothers attacked my legs.

I hugged them each and wiped the tears that had started to fall. As a Slytherin I value many things. I value power, the truth in a lie, and the ability to manipulate situations to my advantage. However the one thing I value above all else is family.

I waited until Draco had been hugged tightly by his mother and acknowledged by his father before I hugged Aunt Cissa too.

"Welcome home, my children," Uncle Lucius said. I couldn't help smiling against Aunt Cissa's dress.

We collected our trunks and left platform 9 3/4. At Malfoy Mannor the house elf, as always, transported our luggage to our rooms. We had tea with our parents before they let us escape to relax. We went to find the boys, my baby brothers.

"Mase?" I called out, Draco trailing behind me holding my hand. I looked into Mason's room and found that he was not there. Nathan's across the hall was empty as well. Draco pushed me into the wall and put his hand over my surprised mouth.

I panted heavily that close to him. He really did make my heart beat unnaturally fast. He smirked because he knew what was happening. He leaned in closely, breathed deeply, and planted a swift kiss on my forehead. He lowered his hand as he put his other finger to his lip. He gestured towards the drawing room and I nodded.