September- Part 2

This past week I admit we've had a few run-ins with Ravenclaws and Gryffindors, I imagine there was a run-in with some Hufflepuffs as well. See us girls just can't help it: we get all fired up with just a few insults.

Our first week the girls and I had a tiff with Francesca Saunders. I called her ugly at some point. It's just a thing I like to do because I find that if you do it often enough it becomes a nice tool in undermining someone's confidence.

Of course, Kayla had to ruin the jab by mumbling under her breath that she was prettier than me, only afterwards "sticking up" for me. Stupid git made the insult useless. I put it behind me and afterwards we went to Gladrags because Kayla was complaining about her robes.

We did have an amazing time, running around under the supervision of Kayla's mum, who'd gotten permission from Dumbledore to take us out of the castle. It was exciting to be out with my girl friends because I spent so little time with them.

Which is my own fault, seeing as I don't trust a single one of them. Still a girl needs to laugh with other girls. She needs people to watch her back. I'll have to work on getting better friends. Mine are downright rotten.

My daddy wrote me a letter a few days ago. I'll slip it in between this page and the last.

Baby,

I'm worried about you. It's not enough to know that you are safe at Hogwarts. You're my daughter, and I worry constantly. I'm sure Draco's looking out for you, as always, and as he should, but still.

Your mother yells at me for it. You'll probably laugh but I can't stand the thought of all of those good for nothing Mudblood teenage boys coming after you. I'll have to continue to beef up your body guard.

I love you,

Daddy

I did laugh. That night I pinned Draco down outside after my run and persuaded him to tell me what my dad has been doing to "beef up" my "body guard". He's been training him at home when I'm not around. Training him like a boxer, can you imagine?

As for teachers and lessons, everything is going remarkably well. However, I'll never admit it out loud to anyone but Draco, but Professor Umbridge is off her rocker. I'll be complaining to daddy when I go home in a few months that she won't be training us to use defensive spells.

When the Dark Lord rises and the war commences, how are we to defend ourselves? I overheard Granger saying something about Potter teaching his own classes to those against us. I proposed to Draco that we tell our parents and have our own classes.

That's all I'm worried about and that's all that's happened. I'm going to sleep now, I'll meet Draco at 3.