Chapter 5

Bailee's P.O.V.

Once I am finished packing my backpack for home, I head to Donnie's locker. He and I are going shopping as soon as we leave the school. When I approach, I see a petite brunette and him talking. She blows him a kiss and then saunters off. My stomach drops to my toes. Who was that?

"Who was that?" I ask Donnie accusingly.

"Oh! Bailee! I didn't know you were here." He stares at me in shock. I put my hands on my hips.

"Well? If you have a girlfriend you might as well let your best friend know!" I shake my head.

"What? No! She is not my girlfriend!" I rise my left eyebrow accusingly.

"Then who is she?"

"My partner for that stupid science lab."

"At least your partner is cute! My partner is that creepy kid Brandon." I shudder. We walk side by side out of the school.

"Oh my gosh! That one kid who stares at people then scribbles in his notebook and picks at his scabs?"

"Yes." We climb into his blue brand new chevy truck.

"That kid gives me the creeps." He starts his car.

"To the mall we go!" I yell propping my converse clad feet on the dash board.

"Feet off" He glares. I shake my head. "Fine. I'm putting the windows down until you get your feet off of my dash. I just shrug in response. He rolls down the windows and visibly shivers. I lean my head back and let out a loud laugh. He slowly pulls out of the parking lot and inches down the road. Cars blare their horns from behind us. I look in the review mirror and see at least ten cars trailing us. All yelling accusing comments at Donnie.

"Let's go!"

"It's you people who cause accidents!"

"Come on!"

"My Grandma drives faster than you, and she's dead!" Donnie gasps at the last one.

"I'm sure your grandma would not approve of the person you've become!" Donnie leans out his window and yells. Suddenly a red mustang convertible pulls out from the line and speeds past us. As soon as the car gets ready to fully pass us, it slows down and matches our pace.The car is full of about seven girls. They lean out the windows and wave.

"Hey, hot stuff!" The blonde bimbo in the passenger seat giggles. Donnie smiles and waves. I roll my eyes and smack his hand away.

"Ooooh, someone has a jealous girlfriend!" Chuckles an obviously not natural red headed girl in the back seat.

"She's not my girlfriend! She's my best friend." Donnie scoffs. I roll my eyes again. I'm doing that an awful lot today.

"In that case..." The same red head leans out the window. Next thing I know, Donnie is telling her his number and she is quickly scribbling it down on her hand. When she gets back fully into the car, all the girls crowd her and type the number into their glossy iPhones.

"Go faster!" Someone yells from behind. The brunette who is driving simply rolls her eyes.

"What's your name, honey?" She asks in an Australian accent.

"Jeffrey." I answer. "And we have to get going, don't we Jeff?" I squeeze his cheek. I drop my foot from the dash board and lightly push down on Donnie's foot. Immediately we accelerate and all the people behind us cheer. Donnie does the 'call me' sign and waves to all of the girls.