Chapter 2

Jessica's P.O.V.

Bailee practically rushes out of my room as soon as my dress is picked. Sighing I prepare to change for my date. The dress is a beautiful deep red and shimmers just right under any light. I head back towards my vanity mirror once it's on and check my overall look. The dress is sleeveless and accentuates my curves. My auburn hair is still in tight curls so I flip it a few times to loosen it up. My makeup is spot on and perfectly subtle, thanks to Bailee. Her talent is undeniable, and I'm eternally grateful that she's my sister. Overall, I'm not sure she realizes how much I love her. Glancing at my dresser clock, I realize it's 6:30 and that Nic should be here at any minute. Rushing to my closet I grab a pair of shiny black pumps.

I'm almost to the bottom of the stairs when our doorbell rings. Bailee shoves past me a moment later, to rush up the stairs, refusing to meet my boyfriend. She had told me on multiple occasions that she has no interest in meeting a boy of mine that probably won't be around for very long. Overall, her comment was mildly offensive; but only recently has it begun to bother me more. Nic and I had been dating for a few months now and still Bailee ran to hide every time there was an opportunity for her to meet him.

Continuing down the rest of the stairs, my thoughts on Bailee disappearing at the sight of my boyfriend. Standing tall in a smart suit Nic is shaking hands with my father. I wait for him to see me and I'm not disappointed when he does finally look my way. Nic's whole face lights up and and a small laugh escapes his lips. "You're stunning," Nic breathes in complete awe.

"Thanks, you clean up well yourself." Gently I grab his hand and lead him out our front door.

Inside the restaurant we're greeted by an attractive hostess who leads us to our corner booth in the back of the building. Candles are lit on every table and the lights have been dimmed enough that it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust totally. Nic slides into the seat across from me. "What are you smiling about?" I question him with a smirk.

"Just you. You're so beautiful and I can't believe that we've been dating for almost half a year now. The crazy thing is that everyday I swear you become more beautiful than the last and I find myself falling in love with you again and again."

"Nic, I don't even know what to say back to that except I'm so glad that we're together and I hope our amazing relationship never comes to an end. You're so special and you make me believe that I'm worth it all." Our sweet moment is awkwardly interrupted by an older waitress that arrives with bread and waters.

"Hi! My name is Cheryl and I'll be your waitress for the night!"

"Pleasure," Nic curtly greets our waitress, "I believe we need a moment longer to browse the menu."

"Of course! No need to rush, I'll be around and waiting for whenever you're done." With this Cheryl winks at us and sashays away.

As one me and Nic glance at each other, "Wow," is all that Nic offers in reaction to our waitress. After browsing the menu for a little bit I decide on the shrimp and scallop fettuccine and Nic chooses the loaded rueben potato. Setting aside our menus, Nic reaches for my hand. "You know our sixth month anniversary will be coming up soon?"

"Yeah, how could I forget."

"Well... I was thinking that I'd like to do something special with our families. All of us together at my family's house or something. It would be nice for everyone to officially meet, like our parents and your evasive sister."

"You know I don't like talking about my sister around you, She refuses to even meet you."

"Hi again! Have you two lovebirds decided on dinner yet?" Cheryl's voice interrupts our conversation once again.

"Uh yeah. We were thinking we would order the loaded rueben potato for myself, and the shrimp and scallop fettuccine for the lady." Nic calmly addresses our waitress.

"Excellent choices! Keep in mind though, the loaded rueben potato might make kissing later rather uncomfortable and smelly."

Almost instantly my cheeks flame a bright red. "That's okay, and I believe we'll order a vanilla shake to share. That'll be our dessert, thank you." Hurriedly I add our dessert order in hopes that she'll only have to come back with our food and bill.

The dinner was good and our conversation didn't venture onto any romantic topics, for fear of Cheryl interrupting us again. We only had another small incident when our shake was being set down. The shake had hit my plate and spilt all over our table; Nic was generous as always and laughed it off, but I was beyond annoyed and ready to leave. "Have a great night!" Cheryl's voice boomed after us as were hurried to Nic's car. Holding hands the whole way home, I was distracted and ready to put on pajamas. Tonight had not gone at all how I was hoping. We pull up into my driveway and Nic shuts the car off.

"I'll walk you to the door." Nic is smirking and I know he wants to end the night on a good note. He comes to my door and opens it while holding a hand out to me. He leads the way to the front door, his hand is soft and warm in mine. On the snowy porch he gently pulls me into a hug and his head begins to dip towards mine. My eyes flutter closed, but pop open seconds before he can kiss me. Cheryl was right! His breath is unbearable; I turn my head slightly and his kiss lands on my cheek instead.

I clear my throat, "Thanks for tonight, I had a good time." Quickly I duck under his arm and dash inside with an, "I love you," tossed over my shoulder.

*VCF*