Chapter 12- Holiday

We drove to LA in the van and we were there by 2:20 because of stops. The hot air made the van very stuffy and we both threw back the beers to cool down. Liberty shouldn’t of, considering she was driving, but oh well, we made it there ok. We had booked a hotel room at the ‘City Life Hotel.’ Liberty parked ‘accurately’ beside the sidewalk. We were assisted up to our room with our stuff after we had checked in.

I dumped my stuff on my bed and had a look around the hotel room. The bathroom was tiny, but we had separate beds, a TV, lots of storage and a nice view of the city. It looked bustling, so much life, and noise.

“C’mon!” Liberty had now changed into a short black dress and she had let her hair down.

“What?” I asked.

“I’m taking you out, get changed! It’s LA life!” she smiled. I didn’t question the fact and got changed into my short red dress with black lace sleeves and black knee-high converse. As you’ve probably guessed, I have been kitted out with a new wardrobe since I started at Hellfire.

We wandered the streets of LA from 7pm. We went out to some sleazy restaurant when she first announced that she was taking me out.

So from seven we looked for any club that punks would be accepted in.

“Let’s give up, there’s nowhere for us...” I sighed.

“No! There must be!” Liberty laughed, she was pretty pissed.

We eventually found a punk club called ‘Triplus.’ They were blaring ‘Anarchy in the UK’ when we arrived. Liberty danced around all night, flirting with every guy there. The smoky air filled my lungs. The place was so stuffy. The sound of clinking bottles, heavy guitars, and pissed punks, one of the best sounds you could here, apart from the music alone. Liberty had now been lost in the sea of guys

I sat at the bar for most of the night feeling paranoid. I had a feeling that I wasn’t being told about something. Something that I should know about. I ordered another beer and tried to piece things together. The comments, the odd looks. The way Liberty said ‘Good Luck’ to Jimmy, the way she took me out of town early, the way Jimmy wouldn’t tell me what he was doing at Greig’s and the way he was so desperate for me to go to LA. There was something going on, something to do with Colt. Maybe I could get something out of Liberty while she was drunk. I decided to just leave it til later so that I could enjoy myself. I rested my elbow on the bar. It was sticky, traces of ash from fags, spilt alcohol and God knows what else. I was approached by a young man, maybe around the age of 22.

“Hey,” he nodded his head.

“Hey,” I sighed. He was fit, but I wasn’t interested now that I had Jimmy.

“Liam,” he shook my hand. He wore a red shirt and baggy blue jeans. His Dark brown hair was messy and wet.

“Jett.”

“Are you free?”

“No, sorry,” I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Shit, well, here’s my number just in case you...” he seemed disappointed.

I took his card anyway just so that he would leave me alone. I buried it deep inside my purse so that I could forget about it.  Once that he walked away solemnly, I got up to find Liberty. She was dancing with a bunch of guys. It cheered me up seeing her having such a great time. I approached her, smiling.

“She!” I called.

“Little Girl!” she beamed, she was so funny when she was drunk. “Guys, this is Jett,” she introduced me. “Jett, these are...the guys.”