Chapter 3- Christian and Gloria

He fell down and landed safely to my relief. I prepared myself for my escape but I coughed heavily and as I saw Jimmy crashing through the door, it was too much for my lungs, and I blacked out.  

 I woke up, again on the sidewalk, what a fucking surprise. Jimmy was kneeling beside me his head directly above mine about to do CPR; I slapped him. The skies had opened and it was pouring with rain. His black hair was dripping water all over my face. I looked into his green eyes, they looked worried, and I coughed and sat up. He grabbed me and held me close to his drenched chest. I wrapped my arms around his back. I was soaked also, and to my actual surprise Danny was standing a few metres away talking to the blonde girl. My attention came back to Jimmy when he shook me by my shoulders.

“Are you fucking insane, you could’ve died!” he yelled. I didn’t reply so he just pulled me back to his chest and whispered in my ear. I’d only known this guy a day, well a night. It was still dark outside as it was now 10 pm. We slept basically the whole day and then spent the last 3 hours at this bombsite. I lay against him for what felt like hours, getting drenched. Soon as I came back to reality after feeling like I was in a dream, Jimmy held me in front of his face. I was now sitting on his knees. I looked at him pathetically like a damsel in distress as he drew closer to me. He kissed me softly at first to make sure that I was ok with it and that I wasn’t going to cough up another ton of ash. But as any, well most girls would do, I accepted and kissed him back. I ran my hands through his wet black hair and almost stumbled off my knees but he swiftly caught my back. He ran his fingers through my short tangled hair and got his index finger stuck. Our lips separated as he tried untangling it and we both laughed before rejoining. I stood on my knees and so did he and eventually we were standing on our feet together. A fire had been lit in a trashcan so we shuffled closer to it to keep warm. He wrapped his arms around my back and kissed me like I’d never been kissed before. He slowly slid his hands back up to my hair and I lowered mine to his shoulders. He continued to kiss me, water running down our faces. I thought the moment would last forever, but eventually we separated. Though he still held me in his arms and we still faced each other.

“Hey,” he whispered guiltily.

“Hey,” I laughed.

“So I guess I’m allowed to get to know you now?” he grinned.

“Yeah and I suppose we can share toilet cubicles,” I replied, placing my head on his shoulder.

“I’d like that.” He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me quickly again but soon stopped as sirens came blazing down the street. A cop car and a fire engine appeared at Danny’s blazing apartment. I watched as Danny snatched up his dog and ran with the blonde girl. The rest of the ‘Hounds’ ran also. Ali didn’t seem to be anywhere nearby, so Jimmy grabbed me by the hand and ran as fast as we could out of the fucking bombsite.