Chapter 10-Blvd of Broken Dreams

I left the bar that night at 10:30pm. I walked home alone. I missed Jimmy, I felt safe walking in the dark when he was there. I folded my arms with the cold as my new jacket wasn’t great for warmth. I decided to take a small wander about, just in case Jimmy wasn’t back at the apartment yet. I bumped into Ali, who I hadn’t seen in a while.

“Hey Ali,” I smiled.

“Wait who’s that?” he asked, he couldn’t see me very well in the dark so I moved into the light of a street lamp. “Oh Jett, it’s you,” he smirked.

“Yeah, I’ve not seen you in a while.”

“So where’ve you come from?”

“Slouch,” I replied. “Have you seen Jimmy tonight?”

“Saw him at like four but had to go back to the apartment, I had a hot date,” he smirked.

“Oh, how’d it go?”

“How’d d’you think, I’m out, alone at this time of night, if I hadn’t blown it then I wouldn’t be here, I’d be…”

I cut him off “Oh ok, don’t finish that sentence.”

“So, I’ll see you later,” he smiled.

“Yeah, see you around,” I walked on. I heard the sound of blaring Green Day, coming from every club I passed. I considered entering but I just wanted to see Jimmy, I was too tired to club, and I didn’t want to consume anymore alcohol. I still wasn’t too sure on the route back to the apartment, but hopefully I’d managed to get back. I reached another alley and stared at the floor as I walked. I dug into my shorts pocket, the shorts I wore that night I was mugged, and found my ipod. It put a smile on my face. I loved my ipod. I put in my earphones and scrolled down the music list to Green day’s Boulevard of Broken dreams, I put it on full, and it blasted through my brain. I sang along loudly for the whole alley to hear, and I didn’t seem to care.

“I walk a lonely road the only one that I have ever known. Don’t know where it goes, but it’s home to me and I walk alone.” I walked along happily, ignoring the depressing graffiti that was scrawled across every surrounding wall. I walked over to one wall that had some very noticeable markings. I stood as I read in horror- ‘Jimmy’s flying with EasyJett’

In big, red, bold writing. I cursed them under my breath. I noticed a blue spray can lying on the ground. I picked it up and luckily there was still some inside. I shook it and sprayed over it, writing- ‘FUCK YOU!’

It was totally worth it for my ego. I walked away and forgot about it.

I reached the chorus of the song and sang proudly.

“My shadow’s the only one that walks beside me. My shallow heart’s the only thing that’s beating…” I was about to continue when someone grabbed me from behind. I screamed, but relaxed as soon as I saw Jimmy’s face. I smiled, “Hey, fuck you, what have I told you about doing that, it’s not funny.”

“It is for me, it’s great seeing you go from absolute panic to adoration,” he smirked, sorting his hair.

“Well someone thinks a lot of himself, I do not adore you!” I rolled my eyes.

“Yes you do, admit it, I adore you!” he objected.

“Ok then, I suppose, I do…” I laughed. “I missed you by the way.”

“I missed you too,” he smiled. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist. He kissed me and it felt good, especially after barely seeing him all day. We leant against a wall and were rudely interrupted by Ali who was walking past again.