Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Dylan ended up driving us to the same mall where we had met when I had been with Jace. I smiled automatically, thinking that the day we met, was the first time I tried to escape- in this same place.

“What are you going to buy?” Dylan asked me.

We were walking around inside the mall. To my surprise, it wasn’t as crowded as it had been the day Jace had brought me there. I thought it was a disadvantage to me, but I didn’t let it get me down.

More people meant it would be easier to get away from Dylan, not that it was going to be easy in any way.

“I was thinking I could buy a casual dress or something like that,” I answered, walking into a store. Dylan nodded his head and didn’t add anything else.

As I looked around at the clothes, pretending to be interested in them, Dylan would simply stand beside me. He would look around, look at me for a while, or stare at the clothes with a bored expression.

The way he stood made it seem like he was my body guard. I grinned when I thought that was the perfect way to give me an edge with my escape plan.

“You know, you don’t have to be next to me all the time,” I told Dylan.

I was holding a dress and didn’t look up to see him as I said that. I was attempting to make it sound like a normal conversation, not wanting Dylan to think I was trying to get rid of him.

“I don’t mind,” he replied.

“You kinda look like you do. Well, mainly, you look bored out of your mind.”

“Bored, I am. But, I’ll be fine.”

“What if I want to surprise you with what I buy?” I asked him, getting closer and placing one of my hands on his chest.

He raised an eyebrow and smirked. I found it so odd for him to give me that look. Dylan has confidence like no other, but finding him being cocky or smirking at someone- even me- it was rare. 

“What do you have in mind?” He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.

“That’s part of the surprise, now go and let me find my clothes,” I told him, untangling myself from his hold and shooing him away.

He chuckled and shook his head, which was something so casual, but made him look so desirable.

“Okay, shop all you want. I’ll go check out some things in the shops next to the mall. We’ll meet up front in an hour?”

“That sounds good,” I replied, now my voice coming out softer than I wanted it too.

He leaned in to give me a peck, but I placed my hands behind his head to giving him a lasting kiss.

I felt like tearing up in the middle of the store, but controlled myself. Dylan seemed surprised by the way I attacked him. He replied to the kiss soon enough after recovering.

I broke the kiss, now thinking if I didn’t let him go in that moment, I never would. The thing was, even if Dylan was possessive, got jealous for any little thing, hardly spoke to me, and confused me most of the time- he was my mate.

“What was that for?” He asked when I let him go.

“Something to remember me by while you’re out in your shops,” I said, turning away from him.

I pretended to be interested in a rack of dresses. My eyes were getting glassy and I didn’t want him to notice I was about to break down if he didn’t leave the store.