Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I walked inside the hotel only to be stopped by a beaming Marie.

“How’s your day been sweetheart?” Marie asked with a friendly smile.

“It’s been okay. I don’t want to sound rude, but I’m in a hurry. Sorry,” I told her as I started walking up the stairs.

Marie winked at me and grinned, which caused me to give her a weird look.

“I understand. Jace keeping you busy? That boy is such a cutie, don’t you think?” We were almost at my room and Marie was still following along.

To me, it was obvious there was nothing between Jace and me, but she probably read too much into things yesterday when Jace dropped me off.

“Yup, that’s it. Now I really need to go. I’ll see you later Marie.”

I quickly opened my door and closed it without waiting for her reply. It wasn’t my intention to be rude but my things needed to get packed quickly so that Dylan didn’t notice my absence.

Most of the clothes were still in my back pack. Too bad everything Jace had bought for me today would have to stay here, seeing as he still had it in his car.

It took me a total of four minutes to get everything ready and be on my way. I was walking down the stairs quickly, trying not to get caught when I bumped into someone. As soon as my body made contact with his, I knew who it was.

“Dylan, you’re here,” I said, giving him a forced smile.

“Well, you were taking long so I came to help you out. Do you have all your things?” Dylan asked me, while he took the back pack from my shoulders and looked at it weirdly.

“Is this all you have?” He questioned, with a frown.

“Yes.”

It was in moments like those where his thoughts scared me. There was a big possibility that he would question my sudden appearance in his town and why there was only a back pack to show for my travel.

Dylan took hold of my hand and we finished walking down the stairs. Marie saw us and held a confused expression on her face. She quickly recovered and flashed us her usual smile. With a last wave, we walked out of the hotel.

It was surprising to see the attitude change in Dylan. He had been acting the proper part of a kidnapper before. At least now, he was being nicer and civilized.

“What do you feel like eating?” Dylan asked me as we drove around through town. My thoughts were on the opportunity of escaping that had gone to waste.

“I’m not hungry anymore. We should just go to your house,” I answered.

“Our,” Dylan stated firmly.

“Huh?” I asked him.

“We should go to our house. It’s your house too.”

He offered me a smile before directing his gaze to the road.

Admitting that I harbored feelings for this guy- who was a complete stranger to me, that I had met just today, and was kidnapping me- was hard. But there was no denying that the bond was strong, despite how new it was.

I didn’t want to think of how my life would be if Dylan managed to trap me here with him. If he tried to mark me, or worse, mate with me, I would be in a contradiction with myself.

My Wolf was fighting to stay with Dylan. I wanted happiness with my mate as well, but staying meant getting trapped- or found by my former pack.