16

Alex's POV

"I'm sure when she wants to see or talk to you she will call you. Just relax and give her space."

"What if she decides she actually doesn't want to see me, ever? Am I not allowed to freak out when my girlfriend is evidently missing?" I ask Nick as I pace around his room.

"You know she isn't missing. Sylvia did tell you that she is okay."

"What is your problem though? If our roles were reversed I would be out there trying to help you find Kate. Instead you are sitting there, like you have no care in the world, telling me that I should not look for my girlfriend who I last saw almost two weeks ago. What is your problem?"

"I am just saying, we are on holiday, maybe she is with her family. Let her be. If I were you I'd be more focused on finding out who this Dave fellow you saw at her house the other day is. Maybe she is running away from him? That's if she isn't with her family of course." Nick says with a shrug.

"The only way I can find out who he is, is through Kris. Whatever happened to you liking Kris? A few months ago she was hosting your girlfriend's party, now it's like you don't even want her in our lives."

"You can think what you want. You know I want you to be happy, Kris is just a handful. Go do what you have to do to find her, I'm done trying to tell you otherwise." He shrugs, again.

"Fine," I say storming out of his room and slamming his door shut. "If Kate ever goes missing I will be at the forefront trying to help you find her, just to make you feel bad!" I shout at him from the other side of the door before grabbing my keys and driving over to Kris' house. I seem to be doing that a lot lately.

A few minutes later I am driving through her driveway and I see Sylvia standing at the front door.

"You must really care for her. I can see that but she isn't back yet." She tells me as soon as I am close enough  to hear her.

"I thought as much." I say racking my hands through my hair.

"Can I at least know where she is?"

"She doesn't want anyone to know, I'm sorry Alex." She says with a smile. "Go home, try and enjoy your holiday. She will be fine." She moves towards the door and opens it.

"What if she needs me?" I ask her and she turns back to look at me.

"Don't you think if she did she would call you?"

"No. Kris wouldn't. She would just tell herself she doesn't need me or anyone for that matter and ride it out. She might need me but she would not admit it. You above everyone else should know how stubborn and self-reliant Kris is." I tell her.

"You," she says pointing at me, "make a fair point. I will tell you where she is but," she emphasizes, "If this backfires in any way you take the fall. Is that clear?"

"Yes. Very clear." I say with a huge grin despite my anxiety.

"Alright, come on in," she invites me opening the door a little wider.

Eight hours later I am outside Kris door. I booked into the same hotel as hers and now as anxious as I am I hope she will see me. I would have been here earlier if it wasn't for the fact that actually getting a seat on a plane that was coming here today was as difficult as it has been locating Kris. However I am here and I guess that's all that matters.

I ring the doorbell again, its 9pm and I know Kris cannot be sleeping yet.

"I didn't order any room service!" I hear her shout from somewhere inside the suit. She sounds mad. I press the ringer again and seconds later I hear heavy footsteps and then the door bursts open revealing a very mad but strangely appealing Kris.

I find myself grinning despite the fact that I am actually extremely anxious, who knows how she is going to react?

"How did you find me?"

"I just did."

"What do you want?"

"To know what's going on. Are you going to let me in or what?"

She looks at me with an annoyed expression but lets me in anyway.

"What is it with people just disturbing my peace. Can I not be alone for just a little bit?"

"Two weeks is not a little bit Kris and you know it." I walk over to her and give her a big hug, sweeping her off her feet. "Goodness I was so worried. Are you okay?" I ask her.

"I am good," she breaths out and I let her go. "What do you want Alex?"

"So it's back to Alex now? What happened to Xander?"

"Alex, I don't have time to talk about silly things, I don't even have time to talk. I don't want you here, I don't want anyone here. If I wanted you here I would have called you and asked you to come but I didn't which clearly shows you that I don't need anyone here with me!" She yells at me through clenched teeth. I look at her, watch her, a bit stunned. I expected her to be mad, but not this mad. She walks to the door and opens it.

"Get out Alex. Go back to your home. I just need time to figure things out."

"I am not going anywhere. I will get out of your suite, that's okay. I am in the next suite if you need me. If not, it's okay but I am not going anywhere until I can see it through my own eyes that you are okay. I love you and I am not going to leave Kris." With that I walk out of the room, she doesn't look at me, just stares at the floor and then shuts the door as soon as I walk out. With a sigh I walk to my room and get settled in, this looks like it's going to be a long stay, two weeks at the most.